Chapter Sixteen

I'm really happy with everyone's comments/reviews. I am actually surprised that someone found out who Fate's champion is with the vague details I gave, but I'm also very happy. I have nothing important to say at the moment, but I will try to get everything in. Psychological scarring will be vague since I have no clue how to write it and haven't had time researching. 

Gran Torino yells at Endeavour to be careful since the guy almost hit a few civilians. Gran gets them out of the way and starts making his way around, taking down the hideous creatures as he listens to the others. They have a reason to believe that Stain is with the League of Villains. Stain? That means—no. Where's Izuku? Eyes scanning the town, he curses. He told him to stay in the train, but if he's anything like Toshinori, then it is persistent. The fire that rages around them does not help soothe him. It plainly screeches how chaotic this night is. What they once believed to be a peaceful day has transformed into something terrifying. I told Yagi that I was going to keep an eye on the kid. I went back on my word when I told him to stay on the train while I handle the villains. If anything happens then it'll be my fault.

  They continue fighting until one of the officers gets a call. "A few of us are needed. I suggest one of the pro heroes go along with a few officers. Apparently Midoriya found Stain in an alleyway."

  Midoriya? What is that kid doing out here? I get that he has a job to do, but I specifically told him! Toshinori, you're successor is so much like you in this field that it physically hurts. "I'll go. Todoroki, you're more suited for this fight, so do not argue with me!"

  He mumbles something under his breath, something that he doesn't catch. Of course, he doesn't need to, he knows. A lot of kids fear him because of his training methods. It's not something he meant for but it just happened. He has hopes for this kid. He'll have Izuku for a whole week.

  They meet up with Kenji Tsurugamae who nods to them. "It's not far from here. Midoriya did good in sending a location."

  "He's a fast thinker," pipes up Torino—feeling a little bit of pride swell in his chest.

  "Yes. I've come to realize that from working with him on this case if it's only been a couple of days. If he's as good as we think, let's hope he's been able to distract him long enough."

  "Wait, he can't use his quirk!"

  "He has full authorization to use it and fight against the Killer as long as he is under supervision and has backup."

  "You can't be serious!" Gran Torino has never heard something so—so ludicrous! "He's a kid! What if he dies? How would that go? It will be on your head that it happens!"

  "I trust in his ability."

  "You shouldn't," he murmurs. "You really shouldn't. If he has to, he will protect someone to his last breath. Toshi warned me about his self sacrificing streak."

* * *

Nothing in this world ever makes sense. Why be born if we all die at some point? Then it leads to the question of how did we all come to be? No one moves after the body—the dead body—of their friend hits the ground. The boy's weapon lays on the ground a few feet behind the Hero Killer. No one moves, no one speaks. Nothing. The two are too busy wanting, wishing that this is all a dream. That the happy, hero loving fanboy they've come to know isn't dead, that he's only unconscious and hasn't suffered a fatal wound. That he's still breathing. But sadly, that is all hopes and wishes. In this bleak, quirk filled world, no one can survive a wound such as that one. Tore through the heart. Blood—metallic scented, crimson liquid—stains the ground and telling the grief stricken heroes the truth. Their friend is gone. He is gone and they can't even think, this world is cruel. Death will take whoever it chooses, no mercy at all.