Chapter Eleven

Woo! I love the reviews I've been getting. I love you all for your support! :) It gets slightly emotional, but it's mostly a hilarious chapter. Detective!Izuku will come back in during the Stain Arc! For now, he will be profiling people.

The Sports Festival is the next week. They have to train and Aizawa's training is intense. On top of that, Midoriya goes to his Tae Kwon Do classes and trains on his own time—sometimes with Toshinori if he can. Alongside that, he researches and helps the police with clues that he notices in the pictures of the recently being tortured victim. He worked on the case until he was told to stand down. He shall not work on it any more than what he already has until the killings start again. That didn't blow over well with him which led to yelling and a few things thrown before he shed a few tears by the time Tsukauchi finally managed to calm him down. If anything happens, if he receives anything, he is to tell them. Until then, nothing has happened. The trail went cold again. It frustrated him to no end, but he cannot go against his orders otherwise he will be pulled from it and will be monitored to make sure he does not go against it.

  Izuku is mentally and physically exhausted. He's so exhausted, he can't sleep. The following day will be the Sports Festival and he has worn his body and mind out. His brain activity is high and he is lying awake, staring at the ceiling. Because of this, he is left speaking with Beetle, the Human Ghoul that loves to prank him. Surprisingly, the joker has yet to try and do anything to him in any harmful way. When asked, he responds with "You're a better conversationalist than the Corpses."

  "Admit it, you actually like me," he jokes with a soft, tired chuckle.

  "I tolerate you. There's a difference." Midoriya smiles as his eyes slowly close, feeling his lips tremble as a yawn passes through them. "Get some sleep. You have a big day tomorrow."

  Everything falls away to darkness, he drowns in the dark waters of sleep. Soon enough, his dreams are plagued with blurred torture. While he sleeps, Beetle hums and goes through his things. Snooping around, he finds the research and frowns. "What is he doing with this? Crimson Murder case?" His curiosity is peaked and soon enough, he's reading through the entire case notes. "This kid shouldn't be a hero, he should be a private investigator. The kid will do a lot more than most of the police."

  He hums and adds jot notes on a post-it note for Izuku to read the next morning, drawing a small emoticon.

  The next morning, Beetle wakes up the kid and gets him going. "Hurry! It's a big day for you, dude!"

  Midoriya groans as he rises out of bed and starts getting ready for school. He bids farewell to his mom after telling her about the Ghoul. "I'll be safe, Mom! I love you!" He laughs and quickly makes his way to the train station.

  "Have you shadow traveled before?"

  "Huh? Um, no?" He doesn't like that grin. He doesn't even get much of a chance to speak and is soon being dragged through the shadows of an alleyway. Everything is bathed black, he hears a few moans of misery as his bare skin is bitten by the chill of darkness. Fortunately, Beetle has a hand on his arm to keep him from fading away and losing himself. They enter the classroom. Izuku jumps and lets out a small mouse-like squeak when he realizes that there is someone else in the room. Upon further inspection, he realizes that the only one who's there is Aizawa-sensei. He sighs in relief, running a hand through his hair, pushing it back. A blush covers his cheeks for he realizes that he must've heard the shriek that came from his mouth. "Oh, good, it's only you, Sensei."

  "I'm not even going to ask why you just came out of a shadow." A pause. The silence weighing heavily on the room, but the boy is oblivious to it. "Or what that noise that passed your lips was."