Chapter Forty-Eight

Life has ups and downs, deaths and violence, and peace and tranquillity. Things will be dark and dreary after a sunny day—things will be bright and sunny after a rainstorm. All in all, changes happen for whatever reason there is. Lessons and mistakes will be learned and forgotten about. One dies, one is born, life goes on. It's difficult to move on, but it will get easier. Difficult situations will always pop up one after another, constantly beating their victims down. The ironic thing is usually when one dies, people always presume it to always be on a gloomy day. When rain drizzles down from the sky like a sad analogy representing the tears of the grieving people, but that is not the case for every funeral and death; it would be like that every day for all the deaths that happen throughout the entire world. After everything that happened in Kamino, All Might's funeral is held two days later. The day is bright and beautiful, rays of the summer sun beat down the city. People mourn while others go about their day, the villains all rejoice at the news.

  It isn't really a funeral per se. It's more of a memorial since he isn't dead yet. He's in a coma but it doesn't really matter. The Symbol of Peace is no longer the Symbol of Peace. He is weakened beyond repair. If he ever does wake up—it'd be a miracle if he lives longer than a month. Injuries were so bad that it almost killed him on the spot. Tears are being shed as the news goes on with the segment of All Might's retirement from being a hero. The crime rate had risen after the morning announcement and many heroes had to step in to solve the constant streams of problems. For once, U.A. is being left alone and aren't receiving any backlash from the terrible incident at Kamino or being blamed for the retirement of the number one hero. That much is a relief to the staff and students. All of the students are on house arrest for the time being until the dorms are complete.

  Izuku had been released from the hospital, living with Tsukauchi for the time being until a dorm system is set up. Kota has visited him the day before—such a great visit—and the two spoke with the older children of the other IBCs. Tsukauchi is at work while the teen is in the apartment—thinking to himself. He hasn't had the time to clearly think about the whole Hikawa situation since the last encounter with Death. His father hadn't gone to the hospital to visit him, so he doesn't know if he left or hasn't had the time to visit him. He does have to watch his mother and make sure she doesn't hurt herself or anyone else. He stares down at his bandaged hands and wrists his mother's attack, sighing softly. He has to think of a good way to kill someone (something he doesn't want to do). To him, it doesn't matter who it is, he doesn't want to kill anyone. "I won't have a choice," he reasons with himself. He falls back onto his bed, staring at the bare ceiling. It's weird that he doesn't have anything up there, usually, he would have something to stare at—another reminder that he's not home anymore.

  The sound of breaking glass alerts Midoriya to the living room. He grabs a knife that rests on his desk, creeping out of his room. He keeps his pace slow, his footsteps as silent as he can. Something about the sudden change in the air causes the hair on the back of his neck to stand. This is the same feeling he felt that night. Closer and closer. He remembers the feeling. The same night he met her when she was ready to kill him. Closer and closer. He takes a deep breath, controlling his fear and his heart. If he loses it, he loses his sight and that will put him in a dangerous situation. He can't lose that. He rounds the corner and he meets hazel eyes. "It's time to die, Izuku," she singsongs, her hand twirling a glinting dagger—the hilt made of bone with the same metal as his scythe. With a snarl, she lunges at him.

  Midoriya scowls as he swings his scythe, using whatever abilities he has to keep from getting hit. One For All is humming all over his body as he uses Gran Torino's tricks. He bounces off the walls, analyzing her. A sudden weight is on his back, sending him to the floor as he feels something bite into his shoulder. The pain draws a scream from him. "What the hell?"