Chapter Forty

Hello! I'm back from my hiatus! And oh gosh, I forgot to say something about Izuku's eyes. The thing about them is that they're his original eyes—he was born blind and after becoming the Champion of Death they reverted back to how they were. Yes, he can still see but there will be times where he won't. It will come to play later but his eyes have become somewhat sensitive to the light like stated before and this time it isn't a lie.

The police force are startled when Beetle comes tumbling through with Bakugou Katsuki in his arms. He's trembling with wide red eyes. A haunted look in them, having seen things he shouldn't have. The shadows are dangerous, going through them even more so. You're haunted by the dark memories of the past and present. You watch the terrible things you've done to the person, hear the agonies the want to scream but have no authority to do so. You want to yank your hair out, rip and scratch at your ears, tear apart your flesh just so your mind can focus on something—anything—other than the screams and wails of the damned, the tortured noises of those you've tormented intentionally or unintentionally.

Beetle notices this and sighs, knowing he shouldn't have taken him, but orders are orders after all. He isn't at fault, if anyone wanted to blame him would have their hearts ripped out before they can scream. He helps Bakugou to the interrogation room, calling on Aizawa and Tsukauchi to follow. Shouta looked at the young hero in training, never having seen him like this before. He is wringing his hands, his eyes flicking everywhere as his breath hitches every few seconds.

"Is he okay?" questions Tsukauchi, eyeing the blond hothead who is staring at nothing.

Beetle glances at the child with a sorrowful expression. His eyes hold a certain expression, guilt and anger towards himself. "He will be. Just . . . just give him a second. The shadows aren't something normal people like you should ever be taken through."

"They killed him," Bakugou whispers. That earns their attention. He raises his eyes to meet theirs, horror displayed as he relives the memories. "They continued killing Deku and—and I couldn't—I couldn't do a damn thing! What kind of hero am I if I can't save someone from being repeatedly killed in front of me?" What kind of hero tells someone to kill themselves? Bakugou tightly shuts his eyes at the reminder.

Shouta notices the sudden change in name for the problem child. Hopefully—hopefully, they were able to bond and put their past behind them. "Bakugou, listen to me. Whatever happened, it's okay. Midoriya will be okay." He comforts the teen for a little bit until he's coherent enough to be questioned of what happened. The entire time the two living adults are exchanging glances.

"Yesterday, they killed him for so long. I don't know how long, but it felt like an eternity before they finally stopped." He closes his eyes trying to find that fire he always had but he can't. He cannot bring forth the anger and complete hatred. Why? Why can't he bring it forth? What is wrong with him? Why? Just why? "His eyes."

  Both adults stare at him—what about his eyes? is the silent question that they both hold but is bitten back from saying anything.

  "I thought the shitty nerd went blind during the attack. His eyes pale and blurry." He rubs his face, scowling harshly with anger in his eyes. The fire returned with full fury. "I don't even know! Nothing seems to make sense anymore!"

  Tell me about it. They decide to change the subject. Hopefully to get into something less horrific for the teen. "What happened this morning?"