Chapter 16

MIRA MALIK'S POV

I runned out of the company looking for the girl. I needed to apologise to her. I feel so guilty. He fired her because of me. It's all- once again-because of my stupidy.

I looked around but found her nowhere which made me pull my hair frustratedly.

Suddenly my phone started to ring. I pulled it out but before I can say anything the person on the other line spoke.

" Miss Malik! Your mother Elaine Jacob just had a heart attack. I need you to come to the hospital immediately!" the doctor of my mom said which made me stand rooted on my place. My hands started to shake uncontrollabley as my heart started to beat faster.

" W-What?!!. I-I am on my way! " I said hysterically and hung up.

I started to run to the direction of the hospital. Fear filled my body as I thought about losing her. What if I am too late and my mom dies! No,no,no,no I can't think like that.

Oh my God. Please let her be okay.  I can't lose my mom.

...

I couldn't be able to breath because of all the running. But that didn't stop me. I runned the stairs up to,the Room of my mom.

I just wanted to enter when the door opened and the doctor came out.

" H-how is she doing doctor? " I asked shakily and scared.

" her condition is getting worser and worser day by day. She needs the surgery as fast as possible. I fear that she won't wake up again if we won't do it as fast as possible. "

He said with a sad expression

" W-What do you mean she won't wake up again?! " I asked panicked

" Miss Malik the heart attacks are getting worser and worser. This time it was really bad. I am sorry to tell you this but your mom fell in a coma and we are afraid that she might never wake up again if we don't make the surgery in the next three days . I will let you take in the news but please for you and your mother you have to gather the money as fast as possible. I am sorry " he said and turned around and left

I opened the door and saw her laying in the bed pale and weak.

She looked lifeless laying there and not moving. This is the first time I enter this room where I am not welcomed with the warm smile of my mom. My everything.

Tears gathered in my eyes and i let them run down my cheek because it hurted. It hurted so much to,see my Mom like that.

I put my hand on my mouth to stop the sob that was about to escape my mouth. I can't lose her.

I silently went to her and sat on the chair besides the bed. I took her hand in mine and lifted it to my mouth and kissed it softly.

"I will get the money momma. You will get better. I will get the money as fast as possible. Don't worry. I promise, you won't have to suffer on this illness any longer."  I said determined.

I won't give up on her. I will do anything to get the money for the surgery. Anything.

...

" S-sir please. I need this job. P-Please!" I begged helpless. But he just shoved me out of the resteraunt making me land on my butt which hurted very much by the way.

He didn't send a second glance Torwards me.

I put my hands on my both eyes and forehead and let the tears run down my cheeks. I am aware of the people that went by and saw my little break down. But I couldn't stop it.