Chapter 52

MIRA BLACK'S POV

I must be seeing things. Because he can't... He can't love me. No matter what. Instantly the look in my eyes changed. There wasn't any dreamy look in my eyes. No. It got replaced with sadness. Pain surrounded me and I felt like sobbing. I closed my eyes. I don't want him to see my pain. I don't want him to feel it

I felt my body shaking slightly. The urge to cry got stronger by the second. A whimper broke through my lips. A whimper I was trying hard to surpress. Two arms wrapped themselves around my waist and I was pulled onto Keirens Chest.

"Shh... I am sorry Flower. So sorry." he whispered pained. He rubbed my back softly and kissed the top of my head. If only he knew that I wasn't crying because of the wound but because he doesn't love me. Because he can't love me. It destroyed my hope. My fantasy. My heart.

I cried harder in his chest and clamped my hands around his neck. He kissed my Cheeks and my head and kept saying sweet words into my ear.

I love you! . I love you so much!. I wanted to scream it out to him. Tell him how big my love for him is. But I knew he will only laugh at me and tell me I am delusional.

Why is he hugging Me?. Soothing me?. Is he only guilty or is there any other feeling behind it.

I agn doing it again. Building hope. I need to stop. I will kill myself if I continue like that.

After a while my crys subsided but I kept hugging Keiren like my live depended on it.

Only minutes later I feel asleep at the soft humming coming from Keiren.

...

I woke up with immense pain in my arm. Argh! It hurts!. I opened my eyes and realized that I am alone in bed. I tried to surpress my disappointment because I had no right to feel disappointed.

I got out of the bed and made my way to my room. I brushed my teeths and bended my hair. Yesterdays pain still felt very fresh in my heart.

I sighed and gulped down the tears. I washed my face and decided to change out of keirens shirt. Evenqq though it was the last thing I wanted to do. I wore sweatpants and a t-shirt and went downstairs. Instantly I was engulfed with the beautiful aroma of a cake

Cake. In the morning?. Something is fishy.

I descended the remaining stairs faster than I intended too and rushed hastily into the kitchen.

My eyes roamed the kitchen in wonder. On the Kitchen counter layed a big chocolate cake with a card next to it;

Mira,

I asked the cook to prepare this for you. I am still very sorry about yesterday. I went to work. Stay at home and let your arm rest. That means no cleaning. If I see you cleaning I will tie you to my bed till your arm heals. I hope you enjoy the cake.

See you soon, your Husband

He wrote Mira. Not Flower. Wow. I never knew that there will come a time where my own name will bother me.

Whatever. I got a cake to eat. But not alone. I got my phone and called Liv and told here to come here as fast as possible because its really important.

She arrived in 10 minutes even though the drive normally takes half an hour. I don't even question how she managed to come here really fast

"WHAT??.WHAT'S IMPORTANT?!!" she yelled out of breathe. I pointed to the cake. Her eyes widened and then a big smile marred her face

"phew I thought It wasn't important but seeing the cake I can see the Importance." she smirked. I laughed, took the two forkes and handed her one. And we both dug in, but before That I removed a piece for keiren and put it aside.