3

I woke up still soaking wet from the rain during the rumble. It took me seconds to realize I wasn't in my own bed. And I wasn't alone. I looked to my left to see Sweet Pea asleep next to me. He looked angelic and peaceful, it hurt me to wake him up.

"Sweet Pea," I muttered.

"Y/n!" He jumped. "Thank god, I thought you were never gonna wake up."

"Sweet Pea, why did you have to do that?" I muttered painfully.

"What?" He said shocked.

"I get that you have a bone to pick with us but fighting, really?"

"I-, listen."

"No, you listen to me. Sweet Pea you-you scare me when you do this." I admit.

"I would never hurt you." He looked broken at my words.

"Hurting the Northside hurts me, hurting the Bulldogs hurts me, hurting Archie hurts me." I started but was cut off by Sweet Pea leaning forward and gently placing his lips on mine.

"I would never hurt you." He repeated, looking into my eyes.

"I thought you were kidding at the bar." I stuttered.

"I'd never lie to you, Princess." He said before putting his hand on my face and kissing me again. This time it wasn't gentle, it was aggressive and passionate. God if Archie knew this was happening.

"Shit! Archie!" I sat up.

"Really? You're thinking about him?"

"Oh god, Fred is gonna kill me," I said standing up shakily.

"Y/n! Hey, don't worry. Andrews is gonna cover with you for your Uncle. You stay here until these are gone." He said touching my face. I had just realized I had cuts and a large gash on the side of my face. "Come on, let me clean these up."

Sweets went into his bathroom and came back holding bandages and rubbing alcohol.

"I wanna join the Serpents." I blurted out. Sweet Pea dropped what he was holding.

"Oh-okay." He stuttered.

"And I want to do it tomorrow." I continued.

"Can you learn the laws in three hours?" He joked.

"Yeah," I stated bluntly.

"Well then, let's get started."

We spent all night figuring out the laws while Sweets treated my wounds and I treated his cuts. Thank god I was a quick learner.

"So Y/n, you know the Serpents are kind of a tough crowd, you might need someone to know... take care of you make sure you're safe and all." He suggested coolly.

"Are you asking me to be your girlfriend?"

He leaned in to kiss me as confirmation before I cuddled up at his side and falling asleep, anxious for the day ahead.

The next morning when I woke up expecting Sweet Pea to be next to me. But instead, I woke up to a bunch of boys wearing snake masks at the foot of the bed.

"Well, good morning to you too." I yawned.

"Your initiation begins now, with you assuming guardianship of the beast," One of the boys which were clearly Sweet Pea said before releasing a black and white dog onto the bed.

"Thanks for the dog," I said before the boys left except for Sweet Pea who took his mask off and threw it on the bed.

"Why do you suddenly want to do this?" He asked as he picked up some stuff in his room.

"I don't know, you, Toni, Fangs, you're all Serpents, Juggy probably will be too. And I'm sick of seeing Northsiders and Southsiders hating each other and... I know the Serpents want revenge for everything the Northside has done but that's not the way to go with this. If the Southside gets revenge then everything will get worse and none of this shit will never get better. So just maybe if I join then I can try to keep idiots like you in line." I smirked.

"You know maybe the Northside has it coming, and maybe you shouldn't join if you're just in it to protect your Northside friends. You can't be a Serpent and a Nothsider you know!" He said getting angry.

"Well, I'm a Northsider Sweet Pea! I can't just change that! And I'm not just joining to protect them! The Serpents are loyal and you and Toni and Fangs are like my family and I've only known you for a week at most. So Sweet Pea if you would just get over your dumb feud with the Northside then maybe you wouldn't be so pissed all the time."

"There you go blaming the Southside for everything the Northside has done!" He said stomping out of the room.

"It takes two to have a feud Sweet Pea, it's both sides fault!"

"(Y/n), join the Serpents but when you decide that your Northside friends are more important don't come crying to me!" He yelled.

"You're what's important to me!" I yelled. Suddenly his anger faded and he just looked at me.

"You can finish initiation after school today. Go to the Wyrm." He said going back into his room and closing the door.

I sat in the dining area in his trailer waiting for him to come out but he never did. Eventually, I had to leave for school.

Sweet Pea's POV

"I'll see you tonight Sweets." I heard Y/n say before closing the door. I hated the nickname Sweets but when she said it I loved it.

That fight was so stupid. She just wants to protect her Northside friends and family but she also wants to protect us. She is this innocent, angelic Northside girl who is joining a gang to keep us and her other friends safe. She is incredibly loyal to the Northside and Southside. I wasn't going to stop hating the Northside because of one girl but I realized that what she was doing is why I liked her, it's why I asked her out and I respected her for it.