5

"Ready to go Princess?" Sweet Pea asked me as I stared blankly at the darkness that swallowed my best friend.

"Uh, yeah, let's go," I said as he grabbed my hand leading me to Sunny Side Trailer Park.

"That jacket looks good on you, you know." He smirked at me.

"I thought you didn't want me in the Serpents," I said mentioning what he was suggested this morning.

"I don't." He said bluntly. "But not for the reason I told you this morning. And that fight was stupid okay, let's forget about it."

"Why don't you want me in the Serpents," I questioned.

"Listen Y/n, joining a gang is dangerous. It's not any different with the Serpents. I don't want to see you getting hurt. And... you're this sweet, beautiful, easy to take advantage of, which I never will, Northside girl. And people know that. But I'm not the only one who didn't want you to join."  I looked at him questionably but before I could say a word he clarified. "Because you're a Northsider. Some people aren't too keen on the idea of a Northside Serpent. I'll beat their ass if anyone tries to hurt you."

"But...they can't right?. 'A Serpent never betrays its own.'" I reminded him.

"Spoken like a true Serpent." He chuckled. "You're right but some...people, don't think you're a true Serpent since A. you're from the North and B. you never finished initiation."

"I can finish it then."

"No the hell you cannot." He seemed angry. "We took a vote okay. You're in and people who think you're half a Serpent have to go through everyone else before they can even get to you."

"Okay Sweets." I chose not to argue with him.

We continued to talk until we reached the trailer.

"So Y/n, have you and Jughead ever... you know." He asked as he opened the door for me.

"Ew, no. He's my best friend, he's like a brother to me. Nothing has ever happened between us. Or came close." I said.

"Oh thank god." He said from behind me before wrapping his arms around my waist and attaching his lips to my neck.

We had a... heated make-out session that slightly...escalated. Nothing really happened but it was still amazing. We soon after went to bed. It was amazing to fall asleep in his arms and wake up that way every morning. Unfortunately, my cuts had healed so I would have to return home which also means I'd have to tell him about Sweet Pea, and me joining the Serpents. Preferably tell him about Sweet Pea then the Serpents. And I also knew my dad would want to meet Sweet Pea which would be a whole different story but for now, I would just enjoy the time I was spending in my boyfriend's arms... and Hot Dog on top of us.

It was the day of Juggie's initiation and we all went over to his trailer, with me and Sweet Pea at the front. Our hands were intertwined while we talked.

"Sweets," I said looking up at him.

"Yeah, baby girl?" He responded looking down at me.

"What are you gonna do to Juggie?" I said innocently.

"You know...just like hit him, once...per serpent," He said quietly.

"What, Sweets!" I pleaded.

"Baby it's fine, I got it, Fangs got it, we all did." He said trying to make me feel better.

"Fine." I pouted.

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and kissing the top of my head. He quickly let go of me and pushed me behind him.

"What the hell do we have here?" Sweet Pea said. I was trying to get around him and he was fighting against me.

"Just leave him, all right?" I heard Jughead say fearfully.

"Wait." I heard the familiar voice of my cousin Archie say. I stopped fighting against Sweet Pea. "You're friends with these thugs?

"It's not what you think." Jug said.

"Are you joining the Serpents?" Archie seemed so mad.

"If he survives, and go ahead and call us thugs one more time." Sweet Pea took a step closer to Archie but I pulled on the bottom of his Jacket.

"Jughead, these are the guys who attacked me. Who attacked Reggie, and Veronica and Dilton and, Y/n. Your friends."

"You're the one who did that to her." Sweet Pea said angrily taking another step toward Archie and I was unable to grab him.

"You're the one who abducted her. If I find out you did anything to her I-" Archie started.

"You Bulldogs really have some nerve." Sweet Pea spoke furiously as he continued to get closer to Archie. I could see Archie now and they were really about to fight.

"Stop it!" I yelled loudly.

"Y/n!" Archie yelled, a mixture of anger and shock in his voice.

"Wait, is that why you're here? - To warn me?" Jughead intervened.

"No. I came here to tell you to stay away from Betty. She doesn't want to see you anymore." I was completely shocked by the words I was hearing. Sweet Pea looked at me confused.

"Screw you, I just saw Betty yesterday - She was fine."

"No, dude. She's been wanting to break up with you for weeks. She's been agonizing over it. Since you crossed the dark side, she couldn't bring herself to do it."

"So, she sent you? Betty would never do that!"

"If you don't believe me, then call her. And feel free to tell her you're a Serpent now, too. I bet she'll love that. She saw where you were headed, Jughead. We all did and she knows you can't be with them and with her. Come on, man. You know it, too."

"Tell Betty I got the message." Jughead scowled. Archie cut through the group of Serpents. When he looked at me he seemed so angry and disappointed. It broke my heart.

"Archie!" I said running after him. "Archie wait!"

"Why Y/n! You were gone for less than a week and you're in a gang!"

"Archie, they are fami-" I began.

"So they are the reason you haven't been hanging with us. I don't even see you at lunch or after and before school anymore!"

"I-I go the Southside before school and during lunch." I looked down at my feet.

"Wait until my dad hears about this." Archie scoffed. "You know the Serpents are dangerous!"

"Coming from the one to put a gun in my boyfriend's face," I yelled. "Listen, this is all new to me okay? But I'm a Serpent now! And I'm proud of that. I'd die for these guys. And all I want from you is to respect that... and not tell Fred. I'll tell him soon but now is just not the time. And I'll tell everyone else."

"Let me see it." He said softly. I knew exactly what he meant. I rolled up the sleeve  of my Serpent jacket so he could see the ink snake on my forearm. "...so you're dating that Serpent?"

"He's good to me Archie. And he really likes me and I really like him. And please don't fight him cause I like the way his face is now." I said causing Archie to chuckle.

"Are you gonna come home?"

"Tonight. I haven't told Sweet Pea yet though."

"I love you (Y/n), Serpent or not." He smiled at me half-heartedly, still conflicted.

"I love you too Arch," I said wrapping my arms around him. 

"Be careful Y/n," Archie said to me.

"I always am."