14

"Hey, hey Jug slow down!" I said as I stepped out of bed. I held the phone between my shoulder and ear as I got dressed. "Yeah okay Jug I'll check it out."

"What was that about?" I heard my boyfriends groggy voice say.

"I don't know but Jughead and Betty are freaking." I said as I frantically got my laptop and sat on the bed with it. My hands quickly danced over the keys and I froze when I read it.

"'People of Riverdale, I have rid the town of the drug dealing, child killer and others like him. Now you must choose your fate, the next 48 hours will be a test and I'll be watching you very closely. Show me you are pure of heart and my work ends, continue to sin and I will take up the sword again.'" I read aloud.

"Hey baby." Sweets placed a hand on my shoulder. "He's trying to mess with you guys, all of us. That's his game."

"I-I gotta go to school." I said before quickly dashing out the door and into my car. I made my way quickly to Riverdale High, ignoring all the calls and texts from Sweet Pea.

I made my way into school and stopped when I saw Jug and Archie talking.

"It's tonight. And we need to borrow your dad's truck. Archie...no questions asked. Okay?"

They were up to something and there was no way I was gonna leave Jug out to hang dry.

After school I went home immediately and as night approached I snuck into the back seat of my dad's truck. Nearly tell minutes after I got into the truck Archie did as well. From where I was hiding I couldn't see out the windows but I heard Archie begin to talk to Jughead.

"I'll see this through Jug, but where does it end?"

"115 Derby Street in Greendale." Jug sighed.

"I mean, how does you being a Serpent end? And what about Y/n?"

"I don't know. I'm just kind of living minute to minute here. And we keep Y/n safe, she's family."

"You know, I had this stupid idea. That after graduation, instead of going to college, we'd both move to New York. You were this writer.
And I'd be this musician, we'd both live in, like, the East Village or something. Just doing our thing."

"Pretty sure the East Village doesn't exist anymore. Where are Betty and Veronica in this scenario?"

"They're roommates on Park Avenue.
No, but seriously, you stay on this path, Jughead, you're gonna end up in jail.
Or maybe worse than jail."

"Where am I?" I poked my head up from the back seat.

"Holy shit." Archie yelled either at me or the tire that blew out.

"What the hell Y/n!" Jughead yelled. "How did you know!"

"I heard you Jug." I said as I hopped out of the car to check out the tire. "I know this is some shady Serpents shit."

"And of course, I don't have a friggin' spare.
We're gonna have to call Triple C."

"What? We have the crate in the back. No
Let's call Betty. She can bring us a tire."

"Are you crazy?" I yelled.

"No, Betty is not an option. I am not letting you drag her into this mess."

"Hey, calm down. You're right." Jug nodded.

"Kevin! He's got a truck. Let's call him.
Come on." I said as I pulled out my phone.

Suddenly a car pulled up and Jughead pushed me behind him.

"Y/n, get in the truck." Archie said to me.

"Wha-"

"Get in the car!" Jughead yelled.

I finally went around the front of the truck and went into the passenger seat.

"Having some car trouble?" A man said.

Jughead ended up leaving with the creepy man and Archie called triple C who got us a spare. Sweet Pea and Fangs has been blowing up my phone all night and continued to do so as we made our to Greendale.

"Archie there!" I said as I pointed to the creepy man's truck that was parked in a cafe.

"Y/n I want you to stay here." He said. I nodded. Archie came out with Jug and they moved the crate from the creepy man's truck to ours.

In nearly five minutes we reached our final destination. I helped them get the crate out of the truck but stayed back and kept the car running. The boys came out hesitantly and silently. Even if I asked they wouldn't say anything. They dropped me off at Sweet Pea's trailer. I knew my dad expected me to be home but after the night I've had I didn't care.

I knocked slowly on the door and heard nothing but silence. I grabbed my keys and slowly opened the door. The tv was off along with all the lights. His door was closed and I heard the sound of rustling in the sheets from the room.

I kicked off my shoes and hung my jacket on the coat hanger along with his. I made my way to the door and opened it slowly. I saw him laying in his bed, asleep, face down with his arms wrapped the pillow. His long legs were sprawled out and the comforter over his waist leaving his bare back exposed.

I crawled into the bed and laid myself nearly on top of him. He jumped a little but barely moved.

"Y/n?" He asked in a groggy, half asleep, husky voice. "What are you-"

"Shhhh." I said as I ran a light hand up and down his back. "Just go to sleep, we'll talk in the morning"

I felt him relax and in moments he fell back into sleep. I took my head from his back to the pillow next to his. His face was covered by his now moppy ungreased black hair. I pushed it back and away from his face. His normally stern and angry expression was soft and angelic. I leaned in and placed the softest kiss possible on his lips. I wrapped my arms around his waist and slowly let myself drift away into sleep with him.