20

Sheriff Keller took us back into town and called our parents. They met us and Pops and Betty, Archie, Veronica, Jug and I were sitting in the booth. Sweet Pea had taken my car and my serpent jacket and was planning on meeting me here.

    Jughead was speaking but I couldn't hear any of it. The bell on the door rang and slowly and inadvertently looked up. Sweet Pea stood at the foyer of the diner, his hand in his pocket as he scanned the room. Every other eye landed on him as well, specifically the black jacket with a serpent patch on the back that he had slung over his shoulder

    I quickly hopped over the back of the booth and said a quick goodbye to my friends. As I made my way to the front of the diner I felt a hand grab my arm. I looked back to see Fred holding my arm.

    "Where are you going?" He said glancing over at Sweet Pea. "Is that him?"

     "Yes Fred, that's him so don't make a scene." I shook him off.

     "I thought you two split?" He stopped himself immediately.

    "Archie told you?" I asked. "...and Jughead must of have told him." He nodded.

    "I wasn't gonna say anything but.." He started.

    "Whatever, we're back together now. And I'm staying with him tonight."

    "Then you're coming home?" I nodded to his question. "I know you're stressed with... everything but you have to come home. Once you go back to school you're done."

    "What?"

     "With the serpents. I can't control what you do outside of my house so you're staying with us and you can do whatever you're doing with your... gang but I better not be able to tell."

    "We're not having this conversation in the middle of Pops. We'll talk later." I then forced the words my uncle had just spoken into the back of my mind and continued to make my way to Sweet Pea.

"Everything okay?" He placed his hand on the side of my face.

"Yeah." I nodded tiredly. "Let's just go."

"Okay, princess." He looked as if he was going to kiss me but looked up and pulled away quickly. "Let's go."

We walked outside and I saw Sweet Pea had parked my car Charlie in the spot closest to the doors. From this angle, I could really see the damage on the side from the race with the ghoulies.

"I gotta get Betty to fix that." I tiredly ran my hands along the dents and scratches.

"That's a problem for another night." He opened the passenger door for me.

"No, I'll drive." I yawned.

"You can barely stay awake." Pea shot me a disapproving look.

    "I can drive." I protested.

    "Hey." He walked up to me placing both of his hands on my shoulders. "You've had a rough night. And we'll talk tomorrow but Princess, for now, I need you to just ride fucking shotgun."

"Fine." I finally relented. I sat down in the right seat and Pea walked over to the left. He closed his door and started the car.

    "So what did your Uncle say?" Sweets asked.

 I wrapped my hand around his arm. "You know, the usual. Blah blah blah come home, gangs are bad."

"Maybe he's scared cause you're always running off with your mysterious and dangerous serpent boyfriend that he's never met." He chuckled ironically.

"You'll meet him." I yawned once again.

"At this pace, we'll be dead before I meet him." He laughed.

"If there are more night like tonight we'll be dead sooner rather than later."

"Well, that's morbid."

"Yep." I looked out the window.

"You okay?" He spoke softly.

"He's dead Sweet Pea."

"I know (Y/n)."

"If he's dead then why does it feel like he's still fucking with us?" I looked at him as we pulled up to his trailer.

"Listen (Y/n), you're in shock still. The black hood is dead, okay? He can't touch you or your uncle or gingerbread or any of your friend anymore." He stopped the car and looked into my eyes like never before. "Okay?"

"Okay." I nodded.

He nodded again and his eyes flickered down to my lips.

"I wanted to kiss you in the Diner but I figured your uncle would have me arrested." He chuckled before leaning in to place a gentle on my lips. His hand wrapped around the back of my neck and mine went up to his shoulder. We continued like that for what felt like short of a minute. He gently pulled away and placed his other hand on the side of my face.

"Let's go." He opened his door and stepped and I did the same. I grabbed my blue leather jacket from the back seat before leaving. We walked the door and he let me in. I placed my jacket on the coat hanger next to the door.

    "Want me to take your jacket?" I asked him.

    "Trying to undress me already." He chuckled as he shrugged the jacket off and handed it to me.

    Sweet Pea's POV

    She looked so tired and exhausted as she trudged into my room and I followed not far behind her.

    She went into the bathroom and came out wearing one of my shirts. Quickly she crawled into bed and I laid right next to her.