9

"Hi I'm here to see Mayor McCoy." I said stressfully to the woman at the front desk.

    "I'm sorry Sweetie but the Mayor is really busy right now maybe you could come back-"

   "No, no this is important. Tell her it's Y/n Andrews. Please." I begged.

    "I'll try." She sighed. The woman picked of the phone next to her and typed a couple digits. "Hi I have a girl out here names Y/n Andrews who says she needs to talk to you about something important." The women sat for a second and nodded. "Okay I'll send her right back there, have a good day."

    "So?" I asked anxiously.

    "Go ahead." She nodded.

    "Thank you so much!" I said before running to the Mayors office.

     I opened the large door and saw Mrs. McCoy at her desk.

    "Hello Y/n." She smiled nicely at me. "How are you?"

    "Not so good." I sighed. "Mayor McCoy, this morning you wrongly arrested all of my friends and my boyfriend."

    "The Serpents!" She said shocked.

    "Mayor, I can 100% assure you that the Serpents did not sell the jingle jangle to Reggie and if a Serpent did give it to them it was a rogue." I said quickly.

    "How can you be so sure about this Y/n." The Mayor asked me.

    I waited a second before taking off my backpack and opening it up, pulling out my leather jacket.

    "Oh my god Y/n!" She placed her hand on her heart. "Tell me why I shouldn't arrest you now Y/n."

"Pat me down McCoy, ask around town, test me, search my bag or locker or bedroom." I said sliding my jacket back in my bag. "I'm clean."

"You may be but your friends may not be."

"With all due respect Mayor, how long do you really think you can lock them up? You have no proof, just the word of one crack head jock. Reggie didn't say he got the Jingle Jangle from a Serpent, he said it was a gang member that could have been a Serpent."

"And how exactly do you know this?" She questioned.

"All my friends, my 'brother', my 'dad', and my friends parents were there." I explained. "Mayor McCoy, don't forget that you don't just represent the Northside, you are the Southsides Mayor too. And I'm sure it wouldn't look great for your re-election if you have 'arrested several innocent teenagers for no reason.' On your resume. So please Mayor McMoy, I'm begging you. Let them go, don't process this, let it ride out. Keep their records clean. I know you can only hold them until tomorrow afternoon. Just stall this until then.

"You know some of your friends had Jingle Jangle in their possession?" She smirked.

"You know Reggie had Jingle Jangle in his possession?" I smirked back. I got her.

"I'll see what I can do Y/n." She half smiled at me.

I made my way out of the Mayors office and went to head to the station until I realized.... Tall Boy. Tall Boy had sent out an emergency message that we had to work shit out with the Ghoulie. Knowing the Serpents could get out in the next day or so could greatly impact that. I took my phone out to call Jug but he didn't pick up.

    Assuming that Jughead would be at Pop's I began to sprint to the Diner. When I opened the door I saw Archie alone in a booth.

    "Archie!" I yelled out of breath.