23

Sweet Pea and I had been together almost all day. We had most of our classes together and I had convinced Ronnie to convince Weatherbee to put Pea's locker next to mine. We walked together into the student lounge to eat lunch with Jughead, Toni and Fangs.

    "Damn Y/n, you're wearing the jacket now?" Toni smirked.

    "Yeah, I guess so," I said. Sweet Pea sat down and pulled me into his lap.

    Before anyone could start a conversation Vee, Kevin and Josie came over. They all looked at me and my jacket with wide eyes but none of them seemed too surprised to stray from the plan they had coming in. Kevin came and sat next to Sweet Pea and me while he raised his eyebrows up and down suggestively.

    "I don't think we've properly met. Veronica Lodge." Ronnie introduced.

    "Of the Park Avenue Lodges." Juggie joked and raised his pinky.

    "Toni Topaz." T held her hand out to shake Ronnies.

    "Oh, like the purple-colored gemstone. Love it." She admired.

    "And I'm Josie McCoy. Formerly of the Pussycats, now just Josie. And this is Kevin."

    "What's your name?" Kevin said to Fangs.

    "Fogarty. Or you can call me Fangs. Your last name's Keller, right?" Fangs asked.

    "How did you know that?"

    "Joaquin and I used to hang out. He talked about you all the time."

    I gave Kev a reassuring look and he smiled at me.

    "You guys! Yes, you, come with me. Now!" Weatherbee yelled into the lounge. We all filed out into the hall and saw a green snake painted over the Riverdale High seal. Reggie Mantle stood smugly on the other side with his arms crossed. "Which of you defaced our school seal with this graffiti?"

    "This is what they do, Principal Weatherbee. They tag their turf." Reggie said pointing at the seal.

    "My God, Reggie, could you be any more transparent?" Veronica argued.

    "This is why I always rejected him," I mumbled.

    "Hey, I heard that!" He practically pouted.

    "Effective immediately, no gang behavior of any kind will be tolerated at my school. As of this moment, no more Serpent jackets."

    "What?" We all argued.

    "No more Serpent jackets! All tattoos are gonna be covered. Possession of any gang paraphernalia whatsoever will lead to immediate suspension. Are we clear? That's all."

    We all cleared out of the hall an I pulled Fangs, Jughead, Toni, and Sweet Pea into an empty classroom.

    "This is bullshit!" Jughead exclaimed. "We can't go along with this."

    "Jughead it's just a jacket." I tried to reason and everyone agreed with me.

    "It's not just a jacket!"

    "Jug I get it but this is what we gotta do," Toni said as she took off her jacket and we all followed. Jughead gave me a disappointed look and stormed out. Eventually, it was just, Sweets and me.

    "I can really feel the warm Riverdale High welcome." He joked.

    "Great first day huh?" I wrapped my arms around his waist.

    "It could have been much worse." He leaned down and gently kissed my lips. "You better get to class Princess."

    "Yeah," I nodded. "I'll see you later babe."