21

The next day I woke up, feeling the sun that crept through blinds shining in my eyes. A soft, warm breath danced over the back of my neck sending shivers down my spine. I turned around to see Sweet Pea still half asleep, his hair all over the place but somehow still looked perfect. I didn't know whether I should wake him or leave him be. Suddenly I remembered, it's Christmas. Pea and I promised not to get each other anything because frankly, we're both broke.

    "Merry Christmas Sweets." I brought my hand up to run my fingers through his hair. He squinted at the bright light and let out a soft a yawn.

    "Christmas is overrated." He said without opening his eyes. I giggled at his comment.

    "I can really feel the Christmas spirit." I laughed and he nodded softly before pulling me towards him gently.

    I spent the rest of the day with my family and my friends. Not to mention Betty's gift to me was fixing the dent and scratch on the side of my car, Charlie from the drag race. I hadn't spent enough time with any of them lately. I promised Fred I'd come back and stay at the house so that's what I did. I took everything I needed from Sweets and took it back to the house, still leaving some extra clothes and other things at the trailer. 

_______

    Now, a couple of weeks later everyone has forgotten about the black hood. As per usual everyone has gone on with their own drama. I woke up in my cold bed, by myself. I forgot how miserable it felt. I had grown so accustomed to having Sweet Pea next to me, anything else felt wrong. 

    I trudged out of my bed and got ready for practice with the Vixens. As I left my room the house was completely silent, I had to leave early for practice so nobody was awake yet. At least I thought so. I headed into the kitchen to see Fred taking the toast out of the toaster. 

    "What are you doing up?" I asked groggily.

    "Figured I'd see you before you left for school." He said before turning around and tossing me a piece of toast. This had become a regular morning occurrence throughout the years and one that I had missed when I was staying with Pea.

    "Thanks," I commented before taking a bite out of my toast. 

    "Do you want a ride to school?" He asked.

     "Umm-, no I think Pea is picking me up today," I said hesitantly.

     "What's that? Like the fifth day in a row." He quirked an eyebrow.

     "We just don't really get to see each other as much anymore," I added.

     "Well, it's good you guys are figuring it out." He said and I almost choked on my toast.

     "Wha-" I said but got cut off by the sound of a motor outside. "Shit gotta go!" I said before running out the door.

    "Language!" Fred yelled after me.

    When I got out the door I saw Sweet Pea sitting on his bike, looking as hot as ever. I practically skipped up to the bike and kissed him.

    "What's up, Sweets." I smiled.

    "Nothing much." He chuckled at my giddiness. I got on the back of the bike and he drove off to Riverdale High. When we arrived I got off the back of the bike and grabbed my bag. 

    "Thank you for driving me, babe." I leaned in and gave him a long, soft kiss. "I'll see you later Pea," I said before heading towards the building.

    "Hey, I ever tell you how good you look in those shorts?" He called out to me.

    "Every time." I laughed as I headed into the building.

    I met the rest of the girls inside the gym and we had practice as normal. Afterward, we were all changing in the locker room when the intercom came on.

    "Students of Riverdale High, this is your principal speaking," Weatherbee said over the PA. "E-mails have been sent to your parents, but effective immediately, Southside High School is shut down. And its students will be transferred to other schools in the district, - including this one. I believe the statement we're releasing will address your concerns and theirs. You should be receiving it shortly. I'm sure you have many questions. But it goes without saying, we are welcoming these students with open minds, hearts, and arms."

    Cheryl sat suspiciously quiet on the bench.

    "Cheryl?" Midge and I said in unison. 

    "Hell no! My home life is a Dickensian nightmare. I won't have school turn into one, too." She yelled before storming off.

    Weatherbee finished his announcement but before the all-call turned off I was already rushing down the hall not even worrying about changing out of my practice uniform. I turned into the student lounge to see Betty, Kevin, Archie, and Veronica talking.

    "What the hell just happened guys?" I looked at them questionably and they gave me the same look. I hopped the back of the couch and sat down next to Kev. 

    "Does that mean your hunky boyfriend is coming?" He leaned in closer to me. Kevin didn't fully approve of Sweet Pea considered he still has Juaquin PTSD (and he still doesn't know I'm a serpent) but he loves drama. 

    "I hope." I looked shyly at my feet thinking of being able to see Sweet Pea at school.

    "God I hope not." Archie groaned and I shot him a death glare. "What? You two can't keep your hands off each other."

    "I mean I get why." Kevin retorted, I chuckled and everyone else looked at him strangely. "What? Her boyfriend is hot. Good job Y/n."

    I really had missed spending time with my friends. This was the first time since Christmas that I'd spent good time with them. I love my southside friends but, I really did miss this.