16

I was laying in Sweet Peas bed, cuddled into his side. He was quiet and seemed very timid.

    "What's wrong Pea?" I finally spoke up.

    "What do you mean?" He looked down at me.

    "You're acting weird." I said sadly.

    "It's nothing, just something Jug said." He explained.

    "What did Jughead say?" I asked worriedly.

    Did he tell him about the job we did for the snake charmer?

    "Y/n...what does your Uncle do? Who does he work with?" Sweets asked softly.

    "W-what?" I stammered.

    "Wait is it actually something bad?" Sweet Pea pulled away.

    I became a stuttering mess as I got out of bed and started to get dressed.

    "M-my Uncle works construction." I nodded.

    "What's so wrong with that?"

    How did he not know? It's common knowledge that Andrew's construction is the one tearing down the Southside. I guess Sweet Pea doesn't like to deal with Northside affairs.

    "His company is the ones who is building SoDale." I looked down and before he could say anything I cut him off. "Which means my family is in business with the Lodges."

"Why didn't you ever tell me this?" He asked slightly angry. He got out the the bed and put his boxers and shorts on.

"Everyone knows, I thought you did."

"But don't you think you could have given me a heads up? I mean you're a god damn serpent and your in debt with Hiram Lodge."

"My uncle is." I corrected him. "My uncle's business is 100% legitimate. That's why Hermione partnered with him."

"Nothing is legitimate with that pig." He scoffed.

    "My uncle breaks rock for a living, there is nothing illegal about that." I Tried to reason with him.

    "The fact that your family associates with them is a slap in the face." I looked down angrily at me.

    "W-what?" I stuttered, tears filled my eyes. "Well if I'm such a disgrace then I'll just go." I pushed past him.

    "Y/n wait." He sighed but before he could do anything I already had my shoes on and my foot out the door. "Y/n!"

    "You know what Sweet Pea, my uncle does what he does to keep me here. Child services were going to take me away before he got the SoDale contract. But if I'm such a turncoat then I guess I'll get out of your hair." I spit out my words and got into my car, driving away without looking back.

    "Toni!" I said as I sat myself down on a bar stool.

    "What's up Y/n." She smiled as she cleaned a glass.

    "I need a drink." I signed and put my head in my hands.

    We were at FP's retirement party and I hadn't talked to Pea since I left his trailer.

    "What happened?" She said concerned but before I could answer I was cut off.

    "Y/n, what did you do to Sweet Pea?" Fangs yelled. "He's so mopey and depressed."

    "I may or may not have broken up with him."