29

When I woke, the bright light shining down on me caused my already blistering headache to worsen. I sat up in my bed, no not my bed, this bed was cold and the sheets felt like paper. When I sat up a pull on my arm caught my attention, an IV. I was in a hospital. 

"Oh my god!" My aunt's voice boomed causing my ears to ring. I winced at the pain in my head. "You're awake, thank god!" Mary grabbed me by my face planting a kiss on my cheek. 

"My god Mary leave the poor girl alone, she just woke up." Another voice said, it was FP.

"FP? Mary? What are you guys doing here?" I croaked out, now realizing how dry my throat was.

"Sweetie, don't worry about that right now, here." She said as she handed me a glass of water.

"Where is Fred?" I asked before taking a drink.

"He's in the cafe with your boyfriend." She said as she brushed my hair out of my face. I nearly dropped the glass.

"Sweet Pea is here? With Fred? They're like together-" I rambled in shock.

"Yes, sweetheart they're both here don't worry."

"I wanna see Sweet Pea." I sat further up in my bed, the wind escaped my lungs due to the terrible pain that emerged in my right arm. I recoiled back into the bed with a pained whimper.

"Don't worry they'll both be here soon-" She began but was cut off by the two men walking into the room.

"Y/n," Sweet Pea's voice pulled me away from my aunt, he ran towards the bed and ignoring whatever pain I was feeling, I threw my free arm around him, hanging on tightly. "I was so worried, I found you I thought you were dead."

Now I realized, he was crying, not just crying sobbing. His arms wrapped tightly around my torso and his head buried in the crook of my neck. I ran my fingers softly through his hair and tried to calm him down through my own sobs. I didn't know why I was crying, maybe it was the pain, maybe it was just because everyone else was. I pulled away from Sweet Pea, placing one of my hands on the side of his face. His hair was messy, not neat and gelled like usual. His eyes were red with dark circles underneath, it didn't look like he'd slept yet.

"It's alright Sweets." I kissed him gently, immediately feeling comforted by him.

"Y/n," Fred's voice came softly from the other side of the room. I let go of Sweet Pea and reached out for him. He stepped forward and took his hand in mine before sitting on the side of the bed. 

"Fred, I'm sorry I don't know what happened." I rambled before Fred cut me off.

"It's alright Y/n, this isn't your fault." He spoke softly.

"What did happen?" I asked, his attention shifted over to FP. FP held out a small knife, I could barely tell that it was the one Sweet Pea had given me because it was now completely covered in dried blood.

"Someone broke into the Wyrm Y/n, it wasn't your fault." FP looked to the ground, shaking his head.

"Who? What happened?" I looked between everyone in the room, nobody dared to meet my eyes.

"Peabody, or Tallboy, I don't know who but they had to be with her," FP said angrily pacing around the room.

"What? How do you know that?" I looked at Sweet Pea now. He stared down at my arm, the same one that held my Serpent tattoo, that I now realized was tightly wrapped. Fear now replaced my confusion as my eyes welled with tears. "Sweet Pea, what happened?" I insisted.

"Red cut us off the school and you still hadn't come back so I went looking for you," He started.

"What happened Sweet Pea!" I shouted. He opened his mouth to say something but the words couldn't come out. I brought my other hand over and began to pull at my bandages. Sweet Pea's hands fought with mine, careful to not hurt me but forceful enough so that I couldn't fight with him anymore.