26

Pickens day had finally come, the young Serpents set their plan to protest the events, and Uncle Fred was busy making the day go as smoothly as possible. In all honesty, I felt terrible Fred I was going to be in so much trouble if Fred found out I knew about the protest and Fred would be in so much trouble if they knew I had something to do with it. As much as I hated it, I make the decision to stay out of the protest for the sake of my family. So far the day was going smoothly, I'd had two maple snowcones and stolen Archie's popcorn.

Fred gave a little speech and then welcomes Veronica and the pussycats (minus Josie) onto the stage. After the end of the first verse, a loud series of gasps came from my right. I looked over to see my friends, each holding signs with different phrases denouncing the event and black duck tape covering their mouths. Toni quickly came over the megaphone and began to speak about her grandfather's tribe and how General Pickens killed them. Before she could finish her speech, Mr. Lodge took the microphone from Veronica and spewed the whole protest into a new way to promote his project and his 'new southside'. The serpents removed the tape from over their mouths and all mumbled, unstaiffied with Mr. Lodges twist on their protest. I locked eyes with Toni and then Sweet Pea and gave them an apologetic look before they walked away. Next my eyes locked with my uncle, giving me a sutle nod of disapproval that screamed, 'We'll talk about this later'. Trudged around for the rest of the event, avoiding my uncle, avoiding my cousin and especially avoiding the Lodges. 

The sun was setting now, clean up crew was coming in to pick up tash that had been left on the ground and pack up tents. I felt a gentle yet firm arm on the back of my arm and turned to see my uncle. 

"You ready to go?" He asked and I nodded. The walk to the car was silent, apparently Archie had gone back with Veronica (shocker). Once we got into the house Fred turned to me with a now angry face.

"I cannot believe you Y/n," He sighed heavily. 

"I didn't do anything!" I sprung to my own defense. "I didn't know about the protest." 

"Bullshit! I know you did." He quickly shot back.

"Even if I did, I didn't do anything wrong. They were right you know." 

"This isn't about what's right!" He shouted. "This is about keeping you and Archie safe, this is about keeping my job so that I can feed you." I tried say something back but was quickly cut off. "Go to bed, you have school tomorrow." 

I decided not to fight back and quietly went up to my bedroom and got ready for bed.

The next morning I woke up with a bang on my door and a bagel to the face.

"What the fuck." I groaned. 

"Your boyfriend is outside, and watch your Language." Fred said as he shut my door. I quickly got up and went to my window and saw Sweet Pea sitting on his bike doing something on his phone. I quickly got ready and went downstairs.

"Where's your bagel?" Fred asked me. I sighed and ran back upstairs and grabbed the bagel off my pillow. I took a dramatic bite out of the bagel so that he could see. "Better. Have a good day." 

I said goodbye and grabbed my bag before heading outside.

"So how much trouble are you in?" Sweets asked as he handed me his helmet.

"We didn't really talk too much." I shrugged trying to ignore the topic. 

On the ride to school I felt Sweet Peas phone vibrate in his  jacket pocket at least five times.

"Has anyone talked to FP about Pickens day?" I asked as I pulled books out of my locker. A few seconds went by with no answer and I turned to see Sweet Pea quickly typing on his phone. I closed my locker loudly causing him to look up at me.

"Uh yeah, that sounds fine." He mumbled before returning to his text.

"Okay babe what is up with you." I said as I took the phone from his hand, not looking at it but just taking it. He reached for it but I backed away. 

"Come on, Y/n." He sighed.

"Tell me what's up." I handed the phone back to him. He leaned closer to me and spoke in a hushed voice.

"Someone decapitated the statue of General Pickens." He looked around to make sure nobody was listening. "And Keller thinks it was the Serpents."

"I mean, it wasn't right?" You looked up at him carefully.

"No of course not, Jeez Y/n." He sighed and leaned against the lockers.

"Sorry! But doesn't it sound like something Jughead would do." I took a step closer to him and held his hand in mine. He instinctively pulled me closer and wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

"Yes but... Jughead swore he didn't do it. Jones does stupid things all the time but he always tells us." 

"You're right." I rested my head on his chest. "So who did it?"

AHHH I've been the absolute worst writer and some of you know i was gonna hand the account over and I found someone to do it and then they backed out so I decided that I'd just keep it going. It's been about a year since the last update but... better late than never?