27

It took some convincing but Fred let me stay with Sweets for the weekend. After the Pickens statue, he was apprehensive, to say the least, but he came around. Sweets and I wanted a calm weekend together, Sheriff Keller had different plans. 

Sweet Pea and I laid on the couch together, my body resting between his legs and head resting against his chest. A loud knock on the door caused Sweet Pea to pause the movie we were watching and a groan to erupt from my throat. 

"You have got to be kidding." I got up from the couch and went to the door.

"No Y/n don't." Sweet Pea whisper yelled and tried to catch my hand but I had already swung the door open. He sighed and leaned against the door frame protectively. 

"We didn't decapitate the statue and we don't know who did, will that be all?" I asked through a smile dripping in sarcasm.

"No Miss Andrews," He swallowed his pride to avoid yelling at me and looked cautiously at Sweet Pea who was glaring daggers into him. He then handed me a paper. "You and your boyfriend gotta be out in two weeks."

"What the hell?" I looked down at the eviction notice.

"Spare me the speech, I already went through the motions with Jones." He then turned to leave. "And Y/n, I suggest you get back to the Northside."

"You've got to be kidding me." Sweet Pea shouted as he took the eviction notice from my hands. "They're gonna kick us all out for some stupid statue?" 

I walked over and wrapped my arm around his bicep supportively. Both of our attentions peaked when we heard a series of engines from outside. We went to the door and saw everyone getting on their bikes or in their cars. Jughead sat on his bike and FP was next to him on his, they both looked up at us. 

"We're all headed to the Wyrm." FP said before taking off. 

"Come on." I said, grabbing my jacket from the coat rack and taking my keys out of the pocket. 

Sweet Pea spent the whole ride ranting about the eviction, General Pickens, the Northside.

"Babe, I know you're angry but we're here, are you getting out or not?" He huffed angrily and got out of the car.

The bar was full of people standing around waiting for FP to make a speech. Sweet Pea held my hand and walked me over to a pool table where Toni, Fangs, and Jughead were standing. Sweet Pea leaning against the pool table and pulled me against him.

"We all got the eviction notices, but I swear to you no one is goin' anywhere." FP got on stage and began to talk. "But the heat's been on us since Pickens Day and they're using that damn statue as an excuse to turn it up. But if we're gonna fix this, I gotta ask: Is anyone in this room responsible for cutting off Pickens' head?"

"Why don't you ask your son what he has to say?" Tallboy chimed in quickly. 

"What is your problem with me, Tall Boy?" Jughead shouted in frustration at Tallboy's constant accusations.

"You wrote the article that started this mess. You and your posse fired the opening shot at Pickens Day." Tallboy pointed his last insult in my direction causing Sweet Pea and Toni to close in on me.

"It was a peaceful protest, Turncoat." Toni interjected.

"That accomplished nothing." Tallboy was talking to Toni now. "So what's to say that you and your boyfriend didn't go back that night with a ladder and hacksaw."

"Hey!" Jughead jumped from his position and get up in Tallboy's face. "We didn't do it. Hell, Tall Boy, you're the tallest guy in this room. You wouldn't even need a ladder."