28

The past few days had been crazy, not the snake charmer kind of crazy but my uncle is running for mayor kind of crazy. And my aunt Mary is back in town kind of crazy. I was already running late before my aunt showed up so I was extremely late when showing up to the Swords and Serpents meeting. 

"Sorry." I apologized as I came in and took a seat on top of the desk that Sweet Pea was sitting at.

"So what's up?" I asked.

"Jughead wants up to die ourselves to a building that's about to be demolished." Sweet Pea sighed.

"Southside High?" I looked at Jughead and he nodded. "I thought that place was a total shit show, why do you care so much Jug?"

"Because it's another one of Hiram Lodge's plans to get rid of the southside."

"And replace it with a prison, I heard." I nodded.

"You did?" Toni asked me curiously. 

"Yeah," I said slowly. "My uncle is running for Mayor and my aunt is back in town and she is trying to get Fred out of his contract with Hiram and Archie is working for Hiram and he and Fred are fighting so- yeah it's been crazy." 

Toni nodded slowly, beginning to wish she hadn't asked.

"Anyways, I'm in." 

"Oh no, you're not." Sweet Pea sat up in his chair.

"We'll talk about it later." 

__

"So do you regret coming?" Sweet Pea asked as he wrapped his arms tightly around me as I shivered from the cold.

"Nope, not at all," I said through chattering teeth. A cold wind blew past us and I curled further into Sweet Pea's side. "Okay maybe a little, but I'm not leaving."

I loud screeching pulled my attention away from Sweet Pea and there stood Archie halting on his bike.

"Well, well, well. The cavalry's finally here. Guess that means we've got Hiram's attention." Jughead called out triumphantly.

"Are you nuts? Chaining yourself to this place?" Archie asked Jughead. "They're gonna tear it down in two days, dude." 

"Not unless Hiram wants the blood of nine young Serpents on his hands. We're not going anywhere. Go and tell your boss we said that." Jughead pushed Archie with his words, clearly enjoying the drama between them.

"What the hell, Y/n?" Archie now turned his attention to me. "You didn't even go to school here." 

"Yeah well, I couldn't let them freeze to death without me." I shrugged.

"What do you think my dad is gonna say when he hears your out here." Archie brought Fred up to try and scare me. I felt Sweet Pea tense a little debating on whether to yell at Archie or not but I pushed him back.

"I don't know tell him how your boss Hiram is trying to turn it into a prison." You scoffed. Archie knew more than anyone how much Fred hated the idea of building a prison in Riverdale. Archie didn't say anything he simply got back onto his back and rode off back in the direction he came from.

"Your cousin is a blowhard." Fangs muttered before going to sit down.

"Tell me about it."

It was daylight now, the rain continued to come down, harder and harder every minute. Sweet Pea who was once a sense of warmth was now just another cold body chained to a lost cause. Though you would never say that out loud.

"It's so cold!" Fangs groaned loudly.

"You've said that a hundred times already, dude." Sweet Pea groaned back.

"Y/n!" Fangs groaned again.

"What is it, Fogarty." You sighed heavily.

"Will you go get us something to eat?" He asked causing Sweet Pea to shoot up.

"Yes, babe please get us something eat or something to drink." 

"Something warm!" Fangs chimed in.

"What happened to a hunger strike." Jughead chimed in quietly. 

"That was all you man, not us." Sweet Pea shot Jughead a glare.

"Alright." I huffed and got back up to my feet. "Gimme the keys Jug." 

Jughead handed me the set of keys that went with the chains around us. I undid my chains and shook off the uncomfortably tight bindings.

"I'll go to the Wyrm, get you guys something." 

"Thank you, babe, I love you." Sweet Pea smiled at me.

"I love you too Y/n." Fangs groaned as he wrapped his jacket tighter around his body. I chuckled softly before getting into my car and driving off.

All of the lights in the bar were off, I stumbled in the dark while looking for the light switch. When I finally found it and the lights came on you were taken aback by the pile of broken glass that lay on the floor by the back door. I slowly pulled the switchblade that Sweet Pea had given me out of my pocket and quietly opened it. 

Slowly I went forward, closer to the pile of glass and being very cautious of my surroundings. I  bent down to get a closer look at the pile of glass and saw a small, dense rock in the center of it. A quiet but alarming shuffle from the pack of the bar caught my attention. I shot up, holding my blade out in front of me. 

"FP?" I called out weakly trying to control the tremble in my voice. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and prepared to dial...I don't know anyone. "Toni-" I began to call out again but was quickly cut off by the blunt force hitting me in the back of the head. I fell to the ground, my vision blurred and where there was once one barstool I now saw two, maybe three? A pair of large black boots stepped in front of me and I felt myself being lifted off the ground before everything went black.

I know this chapter is short so I'm sorry but I thought this would be a good place to leave off for now. I also wanted to remind you that we are headed into some graphic violence some of it's canon and some of it not, so proceed with caution

I'm also going back and editing chapters, not content-wise just punctuation and spelling stuff so sorry if you guys get a bunch of notifications but nothing is changing so don't worry