22

Today's the day. Today Sweet Pea comes to Riverdale. Sweets and the rest of the serpents were meeting at the Wyrm before school so they could go together so I drove myself to school. I sat with Veronica and Archie waiting for the Southside kids to come. I held my books in one hand and played with the hem of my light pink skirt. I anxiously stared at the front doors waiting for them to open and Vee noticed my movements. 

    "Don't worry Y/n/n, your beau will be here soon." She beamed as she rearranged a stack of papers on the tables. Vee and Kevin are very similar, they love a good love story and some good drama. 

    I chuckled slightly and looked down at my feet but my gaze quickly raised when the doors finally opened. Jughead stood at the front of a herd of kids in leather jackets. Sweet Pea stood behind Jughead, and Fangs and Toni stood next to him. Sweet Pea's eyes met mine and he gave me a prize-winning smirk before looking me up and down. I felt my cheeks glow bright red, part of me wanted to hide my face but the rest of me couldn't keep my eyes off of Pea.

    Veronica gave the cliche and cringy welcome speech which was so rudely interrupted by Cheryl and her posse coming down the stairwell. 

    "No one invited fascist barbie to the party." Veronica glared at Cheryl.

    "Wrong, Veronica, no one invited Southside scum to our school," Cheryl said bitterly. Listen up, Ragamuffins. I will not allow Riverdale High's above average GPA to suffer because of classrooms that are overcrowded with underachievers. So please, do us all a favor, and find some other school to debase with your hardscrabble ways."

    "Why don't you come over here and say that to my face?" Toni said angrily and stepped towards Cheryl. I rushed through to keep Toni back but she went right past me. 

    "Happily, Queen of the Buskers." Cheryl retorted.

     "Okay Guys, everyone, can we just put our Northside-Southside differences apart and start over? A new slate? Mmm." Archie tried to negotiate.

     "You don't speak for the Bulldogs, Andrews," Reggie spoke up. "And need I remind you, these greaser-snakes showed up at your place trying to kick your ass."

    "Happy to finish what was started." Sweet Pea argued and took an angry step forward. I pushed him back along with Jug and Fangs who were pulling at his arms.

    "Stop it. You're only gonna make this worse." I whispered and he backed down. Reggie scoffed at the sight of Pea and I. Sweets slung his arm over my shoulder already trying to show everyone in Riverdale High that I was his. ( a/n not in like a toxic way in like a cute protective way ya know). At the same time, he glared daggers at Reggie, clearly not forgetting the move he made on me at the drag race.

    "God, I am so over the toxic masculinity in this hallway right now," Ronnie interjected.

    "All right." Weatherbee came to join in on the fun. That's enough pomp and circumstance. Everyone, let's get to class. Now!"

    Everyone trudged off sending someone from the other side a death glare. Sweet Pea walked off with his arm still around me. We both shared a mischievous look and ran off to a quiet corner of the school. 

    "You look so Northside." He smirked and placed his hands firmly on my hips. "I like it."

    "I thought you liked me better as a Southsider." I teased. He rolled his eyes before pulling me against him and connecting our lips. His arm wrapped completely around my waist and the other cupped my jaw. We could have continued like this for a while but we were cut off by Fogarty's voice at the end of the hall.

    "Hey Pea, what do you want me to do with this?" He said holding up a dark blue serpent jacket, my jacket. "Oh shit, sorry guys." He said when he noticed what we were doing.

    "Cockblock." Sweet Pea muttered.

    "Why the hell do you have that here?" I whisper yelled and rushed to grab it from Fangs. I rolled it up so you couldn't tell what it was to make sure the hall was still clear.

    "I don't know." Fangs said defensively. "Sweet Pea gave it to me, told me to hold onto it." I turned around to face Sweet Pea.

    "Fangs, go." Sweet Pea gestured Fangs to leave which he quickly did. "Look Y/n, I just thought that maybe with all of us here now with you that you might want it."

    "You know Ronnie, Kevin, Cheryl, Mantle. they don't know."

    "Maybe they should." He said softly, taking my hand in his.

    I quietly stared at the jacket debating what to do. Finally, I unfolded the jacket and put it on. I looked up at Sweet Pea who was watching me with a smile.

    "That's my girl."

A/n omg me and my boyfriend recently broke up and it really shows in my writing lmao so sorry if it's extra lovey-dovey and PDA lol