18

After school I was at the Wyrm helping Toni and Fangs wrap gifts. Pea was behind me working alone. I hadn't talked to him since FP's "retirement".

    "Why aren't you two in school?" FP said from behind me and Jug.

    "It was a half-day before break." I chuckled.

    "Well in that case you two can hold down the fort here."

    "Or we could help you." Jug and I followed FP.

    "Nice try. The answers no." He said sternly.

    "We're gonna need another hand boss." Tall Boy said irritated.

    "There you go. Let me pull my weight." Jug tried again.

    "Me too." I spoke up.

    "I know what that Snake Charmer has you doing." Jug said lowly.

    "Sweet Pea, you're with us." FP looked me in the eyes as he spoke.

    "FP." I said seriously. "Don't bring him into this. Don't bring him into this." I said visually angry.

    "Y/n, don't." FP said in a warning tone.

    "FP this isn't his weight to carry"

    "Y/n, you listen to me. I'm your leader and you're uncle told me to keep you safe and that's what I'm doing. You're like my daughter." He placed a firm hand on my shoulder.

    "Serpents don't hurt their own!"

    "What?"

    "All this does is hurt us. And you don't want Jughead and me to get hurt cause of what we started but you'll let Sweet Pea get hurt? This isn't his to fix". I still spoke quietly. "You know where this ends right FP? With every single serpent in debt with the snake charmer." He grabbed me by the jacket and looked me in the eyes.

    "Keep your damn mouth shut. We don't need everyone in the bar knowing what you and my boy did."

"Fine FP. But when we are all at Penny's beck and call don't come crying to us. And I'll be damned if I let you drag my friends into this."

"You broke up with him, didn't you? Maybe you should get your shit figured out too." His face was right next to mine and his voice was cold and angry. "Come on Sweet Pea." The Serpent's eyes were still locked with mine as he spoke. I shook off of him of me quickly. Meeting Sweet Pea's eyes for a moment before looking away before the tears could escape my eyes.

___

The cold air pierced through my gloves as I helped a little boy pick out a Christmas tree. My father set up shop in from of Pop's so we could sell the Christmas trees we sell every year. I finished up and got Vic to cut down a tree for the boy when I felt my phone vibrate in my coat pocket.

Jughead: Meet me at the quarry. Emergency serpent meeting.

"Hey Y/n!" Pops cheerful voice came from the shop. "Wanna take a break and have a burger?"

"Thank you Pop but I was just about to go." I smiled at him before getting in my car and driving to the quarry.

I of course knew were Jug wanted me to go considering Serpents have met there about a thousand times. I pulled my car up next to Toni's bike which was right across from wear Fangs and Sweet Pea were sitting. I got out and sat down on the hood. Fangs smiled at me and Sweet Pea continued to look to the ground.