4

My heart pounded as I approached the Whyte Wyrm. I knew the laws and Sweet Pea warned me about the knife. What I was worried about was the final stage of initiation. Toni had mentioned it to me before since I was a girl I had to pretty much strip in front of the whole bar. The second I walked in the bar I was greeted by Fangs and Toni.

    "So, how's the beast." Fangs grinned.

    "He sheds a lot." I chuckled. "Thank god I don't have to hide it from my uncle."

    "Why not?" Toni looked between Fangs and me.

    "You didn't hear? Y/n is staying with Sweet Pea in his trailer so they can have some 'alone time' since they are newlyweds." Fangs wrongly explained.

    "Okay, that's not true. It's just so my uncle doesn't find out about this." I said pointing the gash on my forehead from the night before. "But... we are dating now."

    "Seriously, Sweet Pea and the Northsider. Never would have seen that coming." She laughed softly. "I also never would have thought that we'd have a Northside member but, here we are."

    "Speaking of, are you ready Y/n?" Fangs asked me.

    "Ready as I'll ever be." I sighed.

    "What is the fourth law!" Tall Boy yelled, his face only inches away from mine.

    "No Serpent is left for dead!" I yelled back just as loud and aggressively.

    "What is the fifth law!"

    "A Serpent never betrays his own!"

    "What is the sixth law!"

    "In unity, there is strength!"

    The whole bar repeated my words and Tall Boy looked at me for several seconds before announcing the next trail.

    "Well, Northsider. You know the laws. Now... retrieve the knife."

    I looked over at where Fangs and my boyfriend stood as they stepped to the side to reveal a snake wrapped around a wooden-handled knife. I took a couple of steps closer to the snake.

    "Good luck Princess." Sweets whispered in my ear before taking a step back. His words sent a chill down my spine.

    I looked at the Snake for a second. It was intimidating, clearly. I took a sharp breathe in before quickly reaching my hand into the tank. I grabbed the knife firmly and as I pulled it out the rattlesnake sunk its two long teeth into my hand, right between my thumb and forefinger. I kept my grip on the knife, pulling it out of the tank and handing it to Tall Boy. The whole bar cheered and Toni appeared out of the crowd holding a cropped navy blue leather jacket that read "Southside Serpents" on the back with an embroidered Snake. It was beautiful and I hadn't seen one like it.

    "Just for you," Toni said.

    "I thought I had to-" I started.

    "Consider it mercy to commemorate our first Northside member." She smiled. "Turn around."

    Toni held the jacket for me to fit my arms into the sleeves. It fit like a glove.

    "Now come on, Sweet Pea needs to wrap up your hand." She said pushing me through the crowd to where Sweet Pea was sitting at the bar.

    "Come on Princess," Sweets said motioning me over to him and Toni disappeared back into the crowd.

    "You know that my family can't find out about this." I sat down at the barstool next to him.