一 | please kill me

𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘥𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳𝘴
𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘭𝘦𝘧𝘵 𝘶𝘯𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘳𝘪𝘮𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘩𝘪𝘣𝘪𝘴𝘤𝘶𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴

THE BEGINNING

墨梅

crimson hibiscus

一crimson hibiscus

"Do it."

The blade rattled within his hands as he took a step closer. "Do you blame me?"

She tilted her head up towards the sky, watching the velvet white clouds roll across the fleeting horizon. Water gathered in her eyes as she smiled. "I don't blame you, but I just want to know, have you ever loved me?"

He went silent, letting the sound of the wind drown away her voice. He took a sharp breath, his voice trembling with the vulnerability underneath his long years of facade. "I'm sorry. I cannot—"

"Lie to me," she cut him off as she bit her lips to stop herself from sobbing. Tears slid down her face as she clenched her fists against the soil. "Please. Just lie to me."

He lowered his gaze. "I love you," he spoke softly as he placed the shaking blade by her neck.

She smiled, knowing full well that it was a lie. But when one was so foolishly in love, even if it were a lie, it was enough. "Goodbye," she told him as she closed her eyes.

She heard him swing the blade above his head, and distinctly, she heard a sob scraped out of his throat, sounding like a sharp and raspy breath.

"That . . . wasn't a lie."

The blade swung down.

.

Kuina's eyes sprung wide open as she desperately gasped for air. Cold rain fell upon her face like icy needles, scraping down her skin as she lay on the muddy soil, paralysed.

What was that dream? Or was it a fragment of the future?

She had always been able to see the future; that was her clan's - the Kaori Clan or better known to the world as the Fragrance - Kekkei Genkai. But her power had always been very limited. In order for her to know someone's name, strengths and weaknesses, she must make eye contact with them. And in order for her to see someone's lives, their past and future, she must hold their hands.