Part 1

My alarm blares making me groan as I rub my eyes before opening them, I stick my arm out and hit the snooze button to shut off the loud noise

My alarm blares making me groan as I rub my eyes before opening them, I stick my arm out and hit the snooze button to shut off the loud noise. I sit up and let out a yawn before stretching my arms above my head, I get off the bed and grab a towel before going to my washroom to take a quick shower before going to lecture. After my shower I slip on some jean shorts and a baby blue t shirt before putting some lip balm on my lips and grabbing my phone, keys and backpack before going down stairs for some breakfast. Once I get to the kitchen I see my best friend and roommate Kassidy eating a bagel, "morning Kass" I say with a smile as I move around her to get some cereal, "hey Jen" she replies before taking another bite of her food. "So are we still going to the game tonight?" I ask her knowing that we planned on going to the home opener for the men's hockey team, Kassidy nods, "okay I guess we'll meet here and then leave once we're ready" I add, and Kass gives me a thumbs up as she finishes her bagel. Once i'm finished my cereal I rinse the bowl and put it in the dishwasher before going to our front door to put on my converse, I give Kass a wave before slinging my bag over my shoulder and walking out the door with my car keys in hand. 

At campus I park my car near my lecture hall, I get out of the car and take my things before starting my walk to the right location. I take my phone out of my pocket to go through my notifications as I walk down the sidewalk. What I don't notice is the guy running towards me with a big hockey bag on his shoulder. I look up from my phone for that second and before I can move the guy runs right into me, I start to lose my balance my eyes widening as I look into the guys vibrant blue eyes, he sticks out his hands catching me around the waist before I fall to the ground. "I'm so sorry" he tells me once i'm steady on my feet, "It's okay, I should have been paying more attention to my surroundings" I exclaim shyly as I look down at his hands which are still on my waist. He takes his hands off of me and before he can say anything else I walk around him and go to my lecture hall. The whole time i'm in lecture I replay what happened and the warm feeling I got when he looked at me. 

-.-.-.-

A few hours later I park my car in the driveway of our house, I take all my things from the car before stepping out and going up to the front door, I unlock it and walk in. "Jenny is that you?" I hear Kassidy yell, "yeah" I reply as I slip off my shoes and drop my backpack on the floor. I hear footsteps coming towards me and a second later Kass turns the corner, "woah" I say when I see that she's gone full out with the BU Terriers gear, "we have to show school spirit Jen" she exclaims, "you're probably right" I say. Before I can make a move Kass takes my wrist in her hand and pulls me up the stairs to my room, she tells me to sit on my bed so I listen, I watch her go to my closet, I take a novel from my nightstand that I was in the process of reading and open it up knowing that it will be awhile before I see my best friend again. Later fingers snap in front of my face, I look up and see Kass with a pile of clothes in her hand, "here put this on" she tells me with an excited smile as she shoves the clothing at me. I close the bedroom door and strip off my clothes from earlier and put on the outfit that Kass chose, she doesn't react when I do so because we've known each other forever. Once I have the black leggings and Terriers hoodie on Kass squeals, "it's perfect" she tells me, "I probably would have chose the same thing" I exclaim with a laugh, "exactly" she replies with a proud smile, "lets go before you drive me crazy" I say to her before taking my phone, wallet and keys and putting them in my cross-body purse.

When we finally get to the arena we park the car and get out, "this is going to be so fun" Kass says as she loops her arm with mine as we walk to the entrance, "it should be a fun time" I say with a smile, "oh come on Jenny you got to be more excited about this" she exclaims to me, "sorry i've just had a tiring day of classes" I explain, "well so did I but do you see me being all tame" she says, I roll my eyes at my overenthusiastic best friend as we enter the arena. The tickets Kassidy bought beforehand get scanned at the door and we immediately go to our seats before it gets too crowded. When we sit in our seats by the glass I pull out the novel I brought along with me and start reading where I left off, "nope, that's not aloud at a sporting event" I hear Kass say as she takes the book from my hands, "there's nothing even happening, it's just warmups" I say to her trying to plead my case as I try to reach for my book, "it doesn't matter, you should not be reading at a time like this" she replies before putting the novel into her own bag, I pout and turn to watch the hockey players skating around on the ice.

"One of the players is totally looking at you" Kass tells me with a nudge to my shoulder, "where?" I ask curiously as I turn to her, she points out the player and I spot a familiar pair of blue eyes watching me, he smiles and I blush while looking away, "what was that?!" she exclaims with a huge smile, "nothing" I reply, "that was not nothing, he smiled at you" she says excitedly, "it's not a big deal Kass" I exclaim still looking down at my lap, "i'd say it's a big deal if the star player of the hockey team is smiling at you" she explains, I snap my head up at her statement, "you know who he is?" I ask with wide eyes, "you don't? have you been hiding under a rock Jen" she says with a laugh, "no I just don't pay attention to sports teams that much" I reply. "What are you not telling me?" Kassidy asks me after a few seconds of silence as I fidget with my fingers, "um...well...this morning when I was walking to my lecture hall that player ran right into me, I was on my phone and I didn't see him until it was too late" I explain while blushing, "he caught me before I complete wiped out on the sidewalk" I add as I remember the way his hands felt on me, "oh my gosh, you like him" Kass says with a huge smile, "pshhh no, I don't even know the guy" I say knowing that i'm flat out lying to myself. Kass goes to say something but the lights turn off and the announcer starts his introduction, I let out a breath knowing that i've dodged a bullet of Kass interrogating me. 

When the game finishes with the Terriers winning 5-3 me and Kassidy cheer along with the crowd standing as we clap, the team salutes the crowd before leaving the ice, the blue eyed guy catches my eye one last time and he smiles at me before waving. "You guys need to officially meet, I ship you two" Kassidy tells me, I blush at her statement, "I don't think it would work, he's super outgoing and i'm a bookworm who only talks to people that i've known for forever" I explain, "Jenny you are amazing, he'd be the luckiest guy in the world to have someone like you, and plus maybe your differences will make it work perfectly" she explains as we walk up the aisle to leave the arena. "It would never happen, he can get any girl he wants" I say with a shrug, "stop doubting how awesome you are! any guy would be lucky to go out with you" Kassidy adds, "it doesn't matter, i'll probably never see him again" I exclaim as we walk through the parking lot to get to the car, "you never know" Kass adds as we get into the car. When we get back to the house I slip off my shoes near the door and then go up the stairs to my room, I get dressed into my pjs and fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.

 When we get back to the house I slip off my shoes near the door and then go up the stairs to my room, I get dressed into my pjs and fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow

**** **** **** **** ****

A/N Welcome to my new story guys! Hope you guys like the first chapter! Let me know if you have any feedback or any ideas! <3