Part 2

"Okay so I did my research on hotshot hockey player guy and he seems like a really great guy Jen" Kass says while flopping onto the bed the next morning, I groan, "why are you here this early?" I ask her trying to pull the blanket over my head, "n...

"Okay so I did my research on hotshot hockey player guy and he seems like a really great guy Jen" Kass says while flopping onto the bed the next morning, I groan, "why are you here this early?" I ask her trying to pull the blanket over my head, "nah ah none of that missy, you'll want to hear this information" Kass exclaims while forcefully pulling the covers off of me. I squint as the sunlight comes through the curtains in my room, I rub my eyes as I watch my best friend smiling at me. I look over at the clock and my eyes widen when I see that it's only 8am, "do we have to do this now?" I ask her, "yes! because I have class all day and I won't be back home until this evening" she replies with a pout, "ugh fine" I say letting her get comfy as I sit up against my headboard. "Okay give it to me, I know you can't wait anymore" I add, "his name is Matt Caplan, he's a junior, he's number 27 on the hockey team, he's a straight A student, he's from Ottawa in Canada and he seems to be a fan of brunettes" she says without taking a breath, "okay wow, you're good at finding information"I say to my excited best friend, "what can I say I have a talent" she replies making me laugh. "You should give the guy a chance, he seems really great, plus Canadians are the nicest" she explains while getting off the bed, "i'll think about, now go to lecture you don't want to be late" I tell her.

A few hours later i'm walking on campus going to the little coffee shop located next to my lecture hall. Once I get into the shop I wait in line to place my order, I finally get to the front counter and order my usual, a vanilla latte and a blueberry muffin, before paying and waiting at the other end of the counter for everything to be ready. The barista called out my name so I take my coffee and muffin before taking a seat by the window, I take out my phone and open up Instagram to scroll through what people are up to, I stumble across Kassidy's post from last night's game, she took a picture of one of the goal celebrations - Back where the hockey is! - I smile and see that she's tagged people in the picture, I tap the picture and see that she tagged the team account and Matt Caplan, I laugh out loud at how obvious she's being. Once I get to Matt's profile I immediately recognize the blue eyes and wavy brown hair, I tap the follow button before I chicken out and get out of the app quickly before putting my phone away and focusing on my coffee and muffin.

-.-.-.-.-

Once I get back to the house after all my lectures I drop my bag on the floor by the door and slip off my shoes, "i'm home" I yell, "in the kitchen" I hear Kassidy reply, I roll my eyes at how predictable she is. I walk into the kitchen and see my best friend cooking something on the stove, "great job at being subtle on your Instagram post today" I say to her casually, "I can't help it, you guys need to meet" she replies with a shrug. My phone vibrates on the counter and I grab it to check the notification, my eyes widen when I see that its from Instagram, "what?" Kassidy asks happily, "Matt just followed me back on Instagram" I reply, Kass squeals and jumps before coming over to me, another notification pops up, "he just sent me a message" I add while biting my lip, "open the message, you gotta reply" Kassidy says. I open the app and go to my direct messages,

You should come to my games more often, I think you're a good luck charm

"What do I even say to that?" I tell Kassidy with confusion all over my face, "you tell him that you'll go to his games" she replies with a smile, "I'm sure he tells every girl the same thing" I exclaim, "the only way to know is to go to another game" Kassidy interjects. I think over what she says and bring up the keyboard to reply to Matt,

I'm sure that's a lie, but I'll give it a try, when's the next home game?

I guess we will see about that, its next Thursday

Don't screw it up hotshot

Wouldn't think of it ;)

I exit our conversation and put my phone out of reach, "wow you guys have only messaged on Instagram and I can already tell there's chemistry" Kassidy explains impressed, "oh shut up Kass" I tell her waving off her ridiculous comment, "you'll see it when you talk in person" she adds. The two of us spend the rest of the evening eating dinner and watching some movies, knowing that we should take advantage of our free time before schools starts getting overwhelming. 

A/N I know this one is short but I still hope you guys like it!