Part 20

A few days later we're back in Boston, with me finishing up my summer school classes and Matt getting his stuff together for training camp in Seattle in a few weeks

A few days later we're back in Boston, with me finishing up my summer school classes and Matt getting his stuff together for training camp in Seattle in a few weeks. I'm sitting on his bed with my laptop out as I finish the last assignment of the class, Matt is rummaging through his closet  trying to find all of the things he needs. I get engrossed in my school work meaning that I don't notice when my boyfriend comes near me, I look up when I feel the bed dip, "how about a break Mrs Smarty Pants" he suggests with a smile, "i'm so close to being done, give me like half an hour" I reply not wanting to lose my train of thought, "okay, but only because I love you" he tells me, I roll my eyes before looking back at my laptop, Matt presses a kiss to my cheek making a smile appear on my face, "i'll bug you again in a bit" he tells me before leaving the room.

True to his word Matt reappears later, I shut my laptop for the last time this summer, "done?" he asks while getting onto the bed next to me, "yes, and it feels amazing" I reply while turning to him, he smiles and I catch him by surprise when I press a kiss to his lips, his hands go to my waist as he deepens the kiss. Matt lifts me onto his lap and I wrap my arms around his neck with my legs on either side of him, his arms come around me as he holds me closer, I pull away to catch my breath, "I love you so much" I say with a smile, he mirrors my smile and places a hand on my cheek running his thumb along my cheekbone, "these next few months are going to be so hard" he tells me, "I don't want to hear that yet, lets take this a week at a time" I explain while running my fingers through his dark hair, "I don't mind that at all" he replies before pressing his lips to mine again. 

-.-.-.-.-.-

The next few hours are spent snuggled under the covers watching movies on the TV mounted on Matt's wall, once the movie finishes I yawn. "I think it's time for you to go" Matt says noticing how tired i've become, "nooooo" I whine while looping my arms around him, "I need to spend as much time as possible with you before you go to the other side of the country" I finish, "your parents are going to kill me if I don't get you home" he explains to me, "they love you, I don't think they would be that mad" I say while looking up at him. "You will honestly be the death of me Jen" he tells me, "what you didn't figure that out until now, that was my master plan" I tease while gently running my fingers across his smooth chest, he groans while placing his hand on mine, "if you don't stop that we will get no sleep at all" he tells me huskily, "oops" I say sheepishly while taking my hand away from his body. "I'll let you stay here tonight, but if your parents call tomorrow morning asking you are taking the blame" Matt says, I smile and kiss his chest, "you're the best" I tell him before snuggling into him. We fall asleep like that with no thoughts of the future and what is to come.

The next morning we are woken up by my phone ringing, I groan and try to go back to sleep, "Jen make it stop" Matt grumbles, I pout but open my eyes and reach for my phone, I pick it up without looking at the caller ID,

Mother: WHERE ARE YOU YOUNG LADY?

J: Mom stop yelling, i'm at Matt's place, I stayed over

M: I told him to bring you home

J: Well I convinced him to let me stay, it's all my fault, he did nothing wrong

M: Next time that happens please let me know, I was so worried

J: sorry mom, I didn't think it was a big deal

M: please get home soon, I want to spend some time with you

J: okay i'll just grab my things and get Matt to drop me off

M: see you soon hunny

J: bye mom

I hang up and start getting out of the warmth of the bed, "where are you going?" Matt asks while sitting up, "mom wants me to get home, she said she wants to spend time with me" I explain while starting to pick up my belongings, "she has a point you haven't been home much" he tells me, "it's not my fault that I love spending time with my handsome boyfriend" I say with a smile. Matt stands and presses a gentle kiss on my head before heading into the washroom, "i'll be done in a few minutes and then I can drive you" he tells me, I nod and grab the last of my stuff before putting everything into my backpack.

Afterwards me and Matt find ourselves parked in front of my house, "well I should probably go before my mom calls me again" I say while looking out at the house. Matt takes my hand making me look over at him, "this is good for you guys, i'm sure that you will have a great time, plus I really need to finish packing for training camp" he explains with a smile, I lean over the center console and I press a gentle kiss to his lips, when I pull away I smile, "i'll talk to you later" I say before placing a hand on the door handle ready to leave the car. Matt pulls me back to him, I turn and before I can speak his hand gently comes behind my head before he kisses me deeply, he pulls away and we both try to catch our breath, "I love you" he tells me, "I love you too you dork" I reply before finally getting out of the car. I dig around in my backpack for my keys, I find them and once I get to the front door I unlock it and look back one last time, I see Matt smile at me before driving away.