Part 28

It's finally christmas day and i'm dressed in my christmas pjs and sitting on Matt's lap as my family and his are around the tree, I sip at the coffee in the mug that i'm holding as I watch my mom open a gift

It's finally christmas day and i'm dressed in my christmas pjs and sitting on Matt's lap as my family and his are around the tree, I sip at the coffee in the mug that i'm holding as I watch my mom open a gift. Matt places a gentle kiss to my neck making me smile as I turn to him, "what was that for?" I ask, "i'm just happy that I get to be here with you" he replies before placing a quick kiss on my lips, when we turn back to our families they are all watching us with smiles on their faces, I blush at the attention and snuggle into Matt shyly. He wraps an arm around my torso and holds me closer, he presses a kiss to my head and I bring my mug up to my lips to take a sip of my coffee and avoid the gazes of our families.

The next few hours consist of opening all of the presents under the Christmas tree, when there are only a few left Matt nudges me off of his lap, I put my mug on the coffee table as I stand. I watch as he grabs a little gift bag, he walks over to me, "for you" he says with a smile, I take the bag gently and look up at him, he bites his lip so I look back down and take out a bunch of tissue paper before my fingers grab at a box. I pull it out and I see what appears to be a ring box, I gasp and my gaze goes to Matt, he watches me nervously, I slowly open the box and see a plain rose gold ring, "Matty is this what I think it is?" I ask my boyfriend as I look at him, "its a promise ring because I can't imagine my life without you and I don't plan on letting you get away from me, it has our initials on the inside and the date we became official" he replies with a smile before taking the ring out of the box, he takes my hand and slips the ring on my left hand. Matt presses a kiss to the ring once it's secure on my finger, I smile at the gesture, "do you like it?" he asks while moving his gaze to mine, "I love it and I love you" I reply before throwing my arms around his neck pressing my lips to his, he wraps both of his arms around my waist and kisses me just as passionately. Our families are hooting and hollering, I pull away from Matt with a smile on my face, "you are perfect" I say, "nah I think that's you" he exclaims before dropping a quick kiss to my lips before pulling me back to the couch we were sharing. 

When i stay where i'm standing Matt looks back at me curiously, "you sit, I need to give you your present now" I tell him, he lets go of my hand and sits, I rummage under the tree before I find the present I wrapped. I smile as I walk over to my boyfriend, I slip onto his lap gently before handing the box to him, he smiles at me before tearing open the wrapping paper, I bite my lip as I watch his reaction. His eyes light up when he open the box, "you got me a watch" he says while looking at me, I nod, "look under it" I exclaim, he take the watch out and flips it over, "As long as we're together time will never stop" he reads before running his finger over the engraving. "Do you like it?" I ask while running my fingers through his hair, "I love it" he replies, he goes to put it on but I stop him, "let me" I say while taking the watch in my hands, he moves my body so that i'm straddling him to make it easier, I bite my lip as I place the watch on his wrist, I secure the band before smiling. "It's perfect" Matt says making me look at him, I blush when I realize he was looking at me the whole time he was talking, I shove his shoulder gently, "stop being so cheesy" I mumble, "nah I love making you blush" he replies before kissing my red cheek. 

"Ugh you guys make me sick" I hear Amanda exclaim, I turn my gaze to her and she's sticking her tongue out, "Mands we got to get you guy, then you can stop being a pain in the ass" Matt explains, I laugh at his statement and Amanda glares at him, "actually I am currently seeing someone, but because you said that I won't be telling either of you" she replies with a triumphant smirk. "Aw Manda c'mon I didn't even say anything, your brother did" I say with a pout, "yeah but you laughed, which is just as bad" she exclaims while crossing her arms, "will my present make you tell me?" I ask getting off of Matt before walking to the tree to get her present. I hand her the flat rectangular box before retreating to my original position on Matt's lap, she pulls off the wrapping paper and opens the box, a grin appears on her face, "how did you know?" she asks while pulling out a sweater she's had her eyes on for awhile, "Matt might have dropped some hints" I reply, she groans, "now I can't be mad at you guys" she explains while coming over to thank us, she hugs me first before dropping a kiss to her twin brother's cheek. 

"Okay enough of this, tell us who you're seeing" I say excitedly while bouncing on Matt's lap, his hands still me, "not a good move Jen" he tells me quietly, I blush slightly at what he's implying before sitting still with my gaze still on Amanda. "Fine, I met him in my math lecture, he helped me with some homework that I was struggling with and we immediately clicked" she explains, "his name, tell us his name" I add happily, "Drew Carter" she replies before smiling, "wait, do you mean Drew from the hockey team?" Matt replies, Amanda bites her lip as she nods, "oh hell no Mands, anyone but him" Matt adds, "shut up Matty, can't you just be happy for your sister" I say while hitting his arm, I watch as Amanda's smile falls, I climb off of Matt and sit next to her, "don't listen to him Manda, he's an idiot, i'm so unbelievably happy for you, I trust your judgement so i'm sure he's a great guy" I tell her, she smiles at me, "thanks Jenny, I knew he wouldn't like the idea of us being an item but I didn't think it would be such a huge deal" she explains, I wrap my arms around her in a hug. A few seconds later I see that Matt has joined our hug, "Mands, i'm sorry for freaking out, I just don't want you to get hurt and I know those boys like the back of my hand" he explains while resting his head on hers, "I know Matt, but you have to trust me, I'm a big girl and I can handle myself" she tells him, I slip away from Amanda and let the two have their own hug, that's when I notice that the living room is empty. I take that moment to sit on the nearest couch, and I post a picture from last night on Instagram,

I smile when it's done posting and I look back up at my favourite sibling duo, they're laughing at something as they talk

I smile when it's done posting and I look back up at my favourite sibling duo, they're laughing at something as they talk. Matt suddenly looks up at me, he grins before saying something to Amanda, she nods and gets up before leaving the room, my boyfriend comes over and joins me, "thanks for that" he says, "no problem, but you can't keep doing that to her Matt, she knows what she's doing" I explain. He effortlessly lifts me onto his lap, "I know but I can't help that I want to protect her, and now that i'm across the country I want to make sure she's okay" he tells me, "she has friends and she has me to guide her in the right direction, you don't have to be the protective brother all the time" I say with a smile, "why are you always right" he exclaims, I laugh and press a quick kiss to his lips, "because I just am" I reply. The rest of the day is spent being with our families, playing board games and watching Christmas movies knowing that it will be awhile until we can be reunited in the same way.