Part 5

"Can I take this off?" I ask Matt referring to the piece of fabric covering my eyes, "not yet Jenny" he replies, I pout and cross my arms as I sit back in the passenger seat of his car

"Can I take this off?" I ask Matt referring to the piece of fabric covering my eyes, "not yet Jenny" he replies, I pout and cross my arms as I sit back in the passenger seat of his car. A few minutes later I feel the car come to a stop, I sit up, "you can take the blindfold off" Matt says, I immediately do as he says pulling it off of my face, I blink trying to readjust to the light, I look out the window and see what looks like a cafe, "a cafe, how original" I say with a cocked eyebrow as I watch the blue eyed boy next to me, "it's so much more, c'mon let's go inside, you'll love it" he replies before getting out of the car. He opens my door for me and I step out onto the sidewalk before he slides his fingers through mine as we walk into the Knight Moves Cafe the bells on the front door jingle as we walk into the cozy place. I take a minute to look around and I see board games piled high again a wall and people sitting at tables with mugs in front of them as they play their chosen games. "This is a board game cafe, isn't it" I exclaim while looking over at Matt, "it is, i thought that you would like the vibe here" he explains, "you know me more than I thought" I say with a smile, "lets go grab a table and then we can decide what to play" he tells me while pulling me to an open table.

"Is that even a word?" I ask Matt as he places his letters on the Scrabble board in front of us, "it sure is" he replies proudly, "I should be the one with all the words, i'm in the writing program" I say with a laugh, "well what do you know us jocks also know some big words" he exclaims with a smile, "shut up, I never thought you wouldn't know big words" I explain, "i'm just messing with you Jen, i know you aren't like that" he replies. I bite my lip in concentration as I look at my letters and the words on the board, I release my lip once I spot a word to put down, "mic drop" I say once the word is placed, I mimic dropping a mic making Matt laugh, "okay smarty pants, just remember that i'm winning this game" he tells me, I stick out my tongue in response, "attractive Jenny" he adds before looking at his letters.

Later we decide to walk around a bit to enjoy the nice weather outside, Matt's hands are in his pockets and my hands are intertwined as I nervously fidget with them, "I still can't believe a hockey player beat me in Scrabble, i've never lost that game" I say breaking the silence, "well I guess tonight is full of surprises" he replies, "you're right about that" I exclaim before looking over at him. We fall back into a comfortable silence as we keep walking, we end up at a park with a fountain sitting in the centre, I watch the water flowing with a smile, a warm hand suddenly latches to mine, I look back and see Matt, "dance with me?" he asks, "there's no music" I reply, "we don't need music" he explains while pulling me to him, "okay, fine show me what you got superstar" I say letting him move us around the fountain, he dips me dramatically making me giggle before pulling me up and bringing me flush against his body. "See music was not necessary for dancing" he tells me, I nod while biting my lip as I admire his blue eyes that seem to pull me in, his hands tighten around my waist keeping me close. A gust of wind passes by and catches Matt's hair moving it into his face, before he can do anything my hand is moving it out of the way, "sorry" I say realizing that I shouldn't have done that, "it's more than okay" he tells me with a smile. "We should go, it's getting late" I say feeling flustered, his hands leave my waist, "you're probably right" he replies before we start our walk back to the car.

When Matt stops the car in front of the house I turn to him once I unbuckle myself, "thanks for an amazing night, I had so much fun" I tell him, "not a problem Jenny, you made the night perfect for me" he replies with a smile, I blush and look down at my lap avoiding his gaze. I feel hand under my chin making me look up, "you drive me crazy" Matt tells me, "I doubt that" I say "I haven't stopped thinking about you, I can't imagine being without you" he adds while taking my hands into his, "I can't deny that you're always on my mind" I explain while biting my lip nervously, "you have no reason to be nervous, it's just me" he explains, i'm shocked he caught on to my nervous habit, he brings a hand up and touches my bottom lip to release it from under my teeth. His gentle touch awakens all of my senses as I watch him, his gaze flickers to my lips for a second before going back to my eyes, before he can say anything I boldly move forward and press my lips to his, I feel him tense up and I start to panic. I go to pull away but Matt's hands come up and cradle my face keeping me in place as he kisses me.

After a few seconds I pull away from Matt, "wow" he says with wide eyes, "yeah" I reply with a smile as I watch his reaction, "where have you been all of my life?" He asks, "right here in Boston" I reply with a laugh, "be my girlfriend?" He asks hopefully as he holds my hands, I bite my lip while looking at his eyes, I decide to take a chance, "yes" I reply, he smiles and presses a quick kiss to my lips, "you've just made me the happiest guy" he tells me, "you've made me the happiest girl" I say with a smile, "I really need to go inside now, Kass is going to worry" I add, "okay I'll talk to you tomorrow girlfriend" he says with a smile, "sounds perfect" I reply while getting out of his car. I walk up to the front door and open my purse to grab my keys, I unlock the door and quietly open it, I look back and wave at Matt before going inside. I tiptoe to my room and change into my pjs before falling into bed and falling asleep instantly with the thought of Matt in my head.

 I tiptoe to my room and change into my pjs before falling into bed and falling asleep instantly with the thought of Matt in my head