Part 25

A few weeks later i'm stepping off of the plane at Sea-Tac Airport with my carry on slung over my shoulder as I enter the building

A few weeks later i'm stepping off of the plane at Sea-Tac Airport with my carry on slung over my shoulder as I enter the building. My eyes search the crowd for my favourite pair of blue eyes, "Jenny!" I hear someone yell, I turn my head to the voice and smile when I see Matt with an arm in the air. When I get through the crowd and am in front of him I drop my bag and bring my hands up to his face pulling his lips down to mine, he wraps his arms around my waist deepening the kiss, we stand there for a few minutes ignoring the commotion around us. I pull away to catch my breath, Matt smiles at me, "best greeting I could have had" he tells me, "I couldn't agree more" I reply moving my hands to his shoulders, "c'mon lets go, I have some plans for us" Matt exclaims before unwrapping his arms from around me, "sounds good" I say as he takes my hand in his uninjured one.

The first place Matt takes me is Starbucks, as expected, we sit in a booth hidden at the back of the shop, "how's your hand?" I ask while gesturing to his injured wrist which rests on the table, "it's way better, but I don't want to talk about me, I want to enjoy this week with you" he explains with a smile, "okay I can roll with that" I say as I sip at my warm drink. Once we have finished our drinks Matt stands up, I follow his actions and he takes my hand in his as we walk out of the shop together, I notice the dark clouds that have gathered overhead, "looks like it's going to rain" I say as Matt tugs me down the sidewalk, "it'll be fine, don't you worry" he exclaims before smiling at me, I roll my eyes at his reasoning and let him guide me. 

Minutes later we're running into what looks like an aquarium soaked to the bone from the downpour outside, "we'll be fine" I say while looking at him knowingly, "so we're wet it's no big deal" he explains before shaking his head, resulting in water flying everywhere, I squeal, "stop" I say with a laugh, "nope" he replies before placing his hands on my waist pulling me flush against him. His wet hair falls into his face, I bring a hand up and sweep it away gently letting my hand linger at his cheek, he tilts his head resting it in my hand, "i'm the happiest girl in the world when i'm with you" I say, "and i'm the happiest man on this planet when i'm with you" he replies, "I don't want to leave" I say sadly while watching his eyes, "that's the last thing I want, but you need to, I don't want to hold you back from your dreams because i'm living mine" he tells me before moving his head to press his lips to mine, my free hand goes to his shoulder as his hands move to the small of my back.  

When we pull away from each other I attempt to catch my breath, "okay well now that we've done that I can actually take you into the aquarium like planned" Matt explains before letting me go, "really?" I ask excitedly, "yep" he replies, I smile and take his hand pulling him to the ticket desk. He laughs but follows along as I ask the employee for two tickets for admission, I got to grab my wallet but Matt pulls his out first handing over the correct amount of cash across the desk. I hold my ticket and Matt holds his as we walk into the aquarium, "I wanted to pay" I say with a pout as I look up at him, "I'm treating you today so you don't get to pay for anything" he explains while throwing an arm across my shoulders pulling me to his side, I huff but don't argue as I enjoy the warmth of his body as I start feeling the effects of being drenched. I shiver in his hold, Matt must feel it because he stops walking to look down at me, "are you cold?" he asks, I nod as my teeth chatter, "that's what happens when you get drenched in a downpour" I exclaim, "I have an idea" he tells me before grabbing my hand. He ends up taking me to the aquarium gift shop, "what are we doing here?" I ask confused, "go get a shirt" he replies motioning to the wall of t-shirts, I don't reply as I walk over to pick a shirt. 

I settle on a baby blue shirt with dolphins on it, I see that Matt has chosen a red one with a shark on it, we meet at the cash and Matt once again pays. Once we finish we ask the cashier where the nearest washroom is located, we follow her directions and separate to change in the respective bathrooms. Once i've dried myself off a bit I slip on the new t-shirt and hold my soaking one as I walk back to where we started, Matt joins me a few seconds later wearing his new shirt, "well aren't we just the cutest aquarium couple" I saw with a smile making him laugh, we make our way back into the exhibits not wanting to waste anymore time. 

Awhile later we end up back at Matt's apartment, which he shares with some teammates, "I still can't believe that you live here, it's amazing" I say while stepping into the living room which has a huge window overlooking downtown Seattle, "sometimes I can't believe it either" Matt exclaims while walking over to me, he wraps an arm around me from behind. "So when did this photo happen?" he asks showing me the Instagram post I shared earlier,

"I've had it on my phone for a few months, Kass took it that time we all went to the beach in the middle of the night" I reply while leaning back onto his chest, "I think it's one of my favourite pictures of us" he tells me, "I agree" I say with a...

"I've had it on my phone for a few months, Kass took it that time we all went to the beach in the middle of the night" I reply while leaning back onto his chest, "I think it's one of my favourite pictures of us" he tells me, "I agree" I say with a smile. "C'mon you must be hungry, I'll make us some dinner" Matt says a few seconds later, I nod while turning making him let go of me, I follow him to the kitchen, where I sit at the counter watching as he moves around getting everything needed to make food. Matt places a plate of food in front of me a few minutes later, "thanks handsome" I say with a smile, "anything for you gorgeous" he responds before sitting next to me, I happily munch at the food as we settle into a comfortable silence while we eat. 

Once we finish and clean up the kitchen we snuggle up on Matt's bed with his laptop open on Netflix, I changed into some leggings and one of Matt's old hoodies before joining him on the bed, where's he laying in sweatpants with no shirt on. "You always seem to look amazing in my clothes" he tells me as I crawl over to him, his arm comes around me as I place a hand on his bare chest, "you probably wouldn't be saying that if I wasn't your girlfriend" I tell him with a smile, "which makes me happy to say that you definitely are my girlfriend" he exclaims moving his hand to the small of my back, gently playing with the hem of the hoodie. I suddenly move away from him, closing his laptop before placing it on the nightstand so that it doesn't get in the way, I gently place myself on his waist straddling him, he slightly lifts himself up on his forearms, "what are you..." he starts to ask, I smile innocently before lowering my head to his torso peppering kisses all over it, I feel him tense at my actions, I move my way up to his pecs, his hands hold my waist gently. I pull away and look up at him "I'm treating you now" I say while smiling, "I love you so much Jen" he replies, at his words I passionately press my lips to his and we spend the next few hours tangled in each other.

 I pull away and look up at him "I'm treating you now" I say while smiling, "I love you so much Jen" he replies, at his words I passionately press my lips to his and we spend the next few hours tangled in each other