Part 26

Home Opener Day

Home Opener Day

It's a few days later and I'm sitting on Matt's couch my eyes focused on the TV, I hear footsteps which makes me look up, i'm greeted with my boyfriend doing up the button on his blazer. I get off the couch and walk over, he looks up and smiles, "well don't you look like a snack" I say smoothing down the fabric covering his chest, his hands drop to my waist, "how's the wrist?" I add, "perfect" he replies while rotating it to show me, "good, I don't want you injuring it even more" I exclaim while smiling, "you're going to be at the game right?" he asks, "yes I wouldn't miss it" I reply before pressing my lips to his, he starts to deepen the kiss but I pull away, "woah there superstar, you have a game to play" I tell him, "I can't help it, my gorgeous girlfriend drives me crazy" he exclaims his eyes getting darker, "go before you get in trouble" I say gently pushing him away from me, "i'm going, i'm going" he says, he drops one last quick kiss to my lips before walking out the door. I spend the next few hours getting ready for the game, I slip on my Seattle jersey, which Matt got me, and pair it with some jeans before putting on some lipstick and mascara before slipping on my converse. 

When 7 o'clock hits i'm sitting in a seat next to Matt's parents a few rows behind the Seattle bench, my eyes seem to stay locked on my boyfriend who is talking to a teammate on the bench. "I'm so happy you guys are making this work" Matt's mom says, I look over at her with a smile, "I am too" I reply, she places an arm around me and hugs me close to her. The lights turn off and both teams line up on the blueline, the announcer welcomes everyone to the game and proceeds to introduce the team player by player, when he announces Matt's name I cheer extra loud along with his parents. A few minutes later the opening face-off happens and I bite my lip as I watch the game proceed, my eyes following the puck sliding across the ice. 

-.-.-.-.-.-

Two hours later i'm waiting for Matt by the locker rooms with his parents next to me, my head perks up every time the door opens, but Matt has not made an appearance. I take out my phone scrolling through Instagram as I wait, suddenly hands come to my waist making me jump a foot in the air, I look up and see my boyfriend smiling at me. "Hi gorgeous" he says, "well hi superstar" I reply as I slide my phone back into my pocket, "how did you like the game?" he asks, "it was great and you did amazing out there, i'm so proud" I explain while bringing my hands up to his shoulders, "I think it's because you were here" he tells me before lowering his head to press a kiss to my lips, my hand moves behind his neck gently tugging him closer as he brings me flush against him. My fingers weave into his damp hair, I hear wolf whistles and that makes me pull away from Matt my cheeks turning red with embarrassment, he keeps me close with his hands, "shut up man" he yells, I turn in his arms to see who he's yelling at, a guy in a suit is watching us, "couldn't resist Caps" he replies with a grin. When he walks out of view I turn to Matt, "who was that?" I ask, "Brodie Mckamon, one of my teammates" he replies, "ahhh okay, should I be concerned?" I exclaim, "nah he's really nice" Matt tells me. 

Once we say goodbye to Matt's parents, who are staying in a nearby hotel, we make our way to his car that's parked in the players lot. What feels like seconds later we walk into Matt's apartment, "hey guys" Carson, Matt's teammate and roommate says, "great game tonight Carson" I reply with a smile, "thanks Jenny" he says with a smile before going back to watching TV. Matt takes the opportunity and picks me up bridal style before carrying me to the bedroom we share, I squeal at the sudden action and throw my arms around his neck to stay balanced. I'm thrown onto the bed a few seconds later, I smile up at Matt, he takes his blazer and tie off before flopping down next to me, he sighs and wraps his arms around me, holding me close, "nope no snuggling yet" I say while getting out of his arms, "turn around, you deserve a nice deep massage" I add, he takes off his dress shirt before flopping back onto the bed face first. I gently straddle his waist and I start to dig my fingers into his back muscles, I feel him relax under my touch, "tell me when you want me to stop" I say, he nods and I continue massaging his tense muscles. 

After another 15 minutes of massaging Matt tells me to stop, I lift my hands off of him and slip off of his body. Matt gets up off of the bed before stretching his arms above his head, "thank you Jen, your hands work wonders on my back" he tells me with a smile, "anything for my superstar" I reply before walking over to him, I tilt my head up and press a gentle kiss to his lips, pulling away after a few seconds, "i'm going to change into something comfy, why don't you do the same, i'm sure you don't want to stay in those dress pants" I say before grabbing some pjs from my suitcase. I change where I stand knowing that I have nothing to be shy about since Matt has seen it all at this point, I turn when i'm done and I see that Matt is already asleep in bed, I smile before turning off the overhead light and I join him under the warm covers of the bed.