Part 30

A few weeks later Matt has a game in Boston so he gets me some tickets for the game, as I get ready to leave for the arena I look at myself in my full length mirror and see a barely visible bump as I turn to the side

A few weeks later Matt has a game in Boston so he gets me some tickets for the game, as I get ready to leave for the arena I look at myself in my full length mirror and see a barely visible bump as I turn to the side. My hands go to it and I smile at the thought of our baby growing, the knock on the bedroom door snapping me out of my daze, "you ready Jen" Kassidy asks through the door, "yeah i'll be out in a second" I reply before smoothing out my Seattle jersey before grabbing my purse and walking out the front door. "How are you doing?" Kass asks when I open my door, "i'm good, morning sickness is still a thing these days though" I reply, "that must suck" she replies, I shrug, "it does but it'll go away" I exclaim, "true" she responds before we make ut way out of the house and into the car to go to the rink. 

Half an hour later we find our seats, which are a few rows up from the center ice, "wow Matt got some great seats for us" Kass exclaims with a smile, "yeah he sure did" I reply as I watch the players warming up with a smile on my face. My eyes find Matt's and he gives me a big grin, I return it and give a little wave, he winks before going back to warming up with his teammates, "you guys are going to be great parents" Kass explains, "you think?" I ask while turning to her, "for sure" she tells me while bringing her hand to mine, gently giving it a squeeze. We bring our focus back to the ice where the players are skating off so that the zamboni can flood the ice once more before puck drop. The rest of the game our focus is on the game in front of us with me cheering every time Matt does something great and Kassidy watching the Bruins players. 

Before we know it the game has ended and we make our way down to the locker rooms where Matt told me to meet him. "This is wild Jen, I've never been behind the scenes of any hockey game" Kassidy exclaims happily as her eyes scan all her surroundings, "I think i'm just used to it, but I can't deny that it's pretty cool" I reply as we stop walking once we get to the waiting area for the players. My phone vibrates so I take it out to see that Matt texted me saying that he will be out soon, I smile put my phone back into my pocket, "Matt?" Kassidy asks, "yeah, he said he'll be out soon" I reply with a smile as my hand comes to my belly. "Sorry to interrupt you ladies" a deep voice says making us turn, it's a guy dressed in a suit with his blond hair slicked back, "it's no problem at all, what can we do for you?" I exclaim with a smile, he looks to Kassidy and she's blushing, "I saw you watching the game earlier and I knew I had to find you" he replies his gaze locked on Kassidy's, my smile widens at the two who seem to be infatuated with each other, "i'm Sam" he adds while holding out a hand to my best friend, she takes it shyly, "i'm Kassidy and that's my friend Jenny" she replies, his gaze goes to me for a sec, I wave and he smiles, "nice to meet you" he says before turning his attention to Kassidy again. "I'm going to just be over here, take care of my best friend Sam" I say before backing away from them, "will do" he exclaims his eyes still on her. 

I smile at them one last time before giving them space, I take out my phone and scroll through my social media, suddenly arms come around me from behind, hands resting on my belly. I lean back slightly with a smile, "i've missed you so much" I say while putting my phone in my pocket and then I place my hands on Matt's arms, "I can't even begin to explain how much i've missed you" he replies before pressing a soft kiss to my shoulder. I turn around so that I can see him, my hands grab at the lapels of his blazer and his hands go to my waist pulling me close, "you did really good out there" I tell him, "well I knew I had two very important people watching me" he replies, I feel tears coming to my eyes at his statement, his expression changes to one of concern, "no don't cry" Matt says bringing his hands up to my face, using his thumbs to brush away my tears, "they're happy tears" I say with a smile, that makes him stop, "I love you so much, and I love our kid just as much" he exclaims, I pull the fabric of his blazer and bring his lips down onto mine, my hand moving behind his neck. Matt wraps both arms around me and hoists me in the air, I giggle into the kiss which makes him smile before pulling away from me, "I love you" I say, he locks his lips to mine again, I relax into him, we pull away shortly after when we hear wolf whistles coming from his teammates, Matt places my feet back on the ground and lets me go. "Matty is getting some action" a team veteran yells before walking over with a smile, "Jen this is Sebastian our captain" my boyfriend introduces, "hi" I say shyly, "nice to meet you miss Jenny, this kid loves talking about you" he exclaims, I blush, and Matt's arm comes around me, "shut up man, you're embarrassing her" he tells his captain, "she'll get used to it, especially if she has you around" he explains making me laugh, "bus is leaving in a few, say your last goodbyes" Sebastian adds, Matt nods and he walks away. 

"Hey where's Kassidy? I saw her sitting with you" Matt asks, "she was talking to one of the Bruins players, they seemed to be hitting it off" I reply. I scan the area to try and find my best friend, when I don't spot her I purse my lips, "I don't see her, let me just check my phone" I say as I pull out my phone, I smile when I see her text message saying she went to get food with Sam and that she'll let me know when she's coming home. "She's with him getting food, she'll update me" I explain with a smile, "do you have a way to get home?" Matt asks, "yeah luckily Kass made me hold her car keys so I can drive back" I reply, "okay good" he says, "you should go, Sebastian will probably be mad if you aren't on time" I explain to him, "you're right, but tomorrow I get you all to myself, we have an off day" he tells me before bringing me into his arms, "I like the sound of that Mr Caplan" I exclaim with my hands going to his shoulders, Matt drops one last kiss on my lips before walking towards the bus, I watch until I can't see him anymore.