Part 17

I'm sitting in lecture with Kassidy when my phone vibrates in my pocket, I look up at my prof before slipping it out to take a look, I see that it's a text from Matt,

Matty: I miss you :(

J: you saw me 3 hours ago

Matty: that was soooo long ago

J: shouldn't you be in class?

Matty: I am in class

J: Dude you need to pay attention!

Matty: okay mom

J: i'm sure your actual mom would have something much worse to say

Matty: fine, but we are definitely seeing each other after class at the coffee shop

J: sounds perfect to me <3

Matty: Love you

J: Love you too

I smile as I put my phone away and bring my focus back to the professor. "Was that lover boy?" Kassidy asks quietly, I nod before I continue writing notes, "what did he want?" she exclaims, "he misses me so we're going to the coffee shop after our classes" I reply while writing, "he is so in love with you" she tells me, "yeah" I say with a smile.

When lecture finishes me and Kassidy walk out of the room, the two of us walk towards the coffee shop where I am meeting Matt. When the shop comes into view Kassidy talks "i'll see you back at the dorm", I nod before waving and continuing towards the shop. When I enter the shop I smile at the smell of coffee circulating, I look around to see if Matt is sitting in one of the booths. When I don't see him I shrug before deciding to go buy a drink while I wait, once I have placed my order I go to pay, before I can hand over my cash a hand comes out giving the cashier a card, "you didn't have to do that" I tell Matt as I turn to him, "I wanted to spoil my beautiful girlfriend" he replies with a smile, "thank you Matty, but I can pay with my own money" I add, the cashier returns his card and tells us to wait at the end of the counter so that I can pick up my iced coffee. "I know that but you deserve to get treated, especially since you have to deal with me" he exclaims, "you aren't that bad, I will love you no matter what" I tell him with a smile, he tugs me closer gently, "you are an angel" he says before placing a quick kiss on my lips, "and you are my devil" I reply before bursting out laughing, he laughs along with me, "you are something special Jenny" he exclaims, I shrug, my name gets called and I take my drink from the barista and thank her with a smile. 

We sit in one of the booths by the back wall of the shop, "how was lecture?" I ask Matt before taking a sip of my drink, "boring" he replies, "how was your class?" he adds, "not bad, just the usual" I reply with a shrug, "you gotta give me more Jen" he tells me, "it's not my fault that my classes are uneventful, how about you come up with something else to say" I exclaim with a laugh. "Well I actually have some news" he starts, I know its serious by his tone so I watch him, "coach says that some NHL scouts are going to be at the next home game" he finishes, my eyes widen at the news, "really!" I say with a smile, he nods, "Matt that's awesome! your dream is that much closer" I tell him while weaving my fingers with his. "It's just a lot of pressure" he exclaims while running his thumbs across my knuckles, "I can imagine, but you just have to play your game, they will be fighting for you by the time the draft comes around" I explain, "you think?" he asks sounding unsure, "I know it" I reply the smile never leaving my face. I get up and move myself over to Matt's side of the booth happily, I take a seat and scoot over right next to him, he smiles before placing his arm around me, "I love you" he says, "love you too" I reply as I look up at him, he presses a gentle kiss to my lips, we pull away from each other when we hear a throat clearing.

I smile when I see that it's one of Matt's teammates, "well look who we have here, Matt and little miss Jenny" he says with a smile, Matt rolls his eyes, "Jen this is our goalie Dominic" he explains, "it's nice to meet you" I say while sticking out a hand towards him, he grabs it before pulling me from the booth to give me a bear hug, I laugh and hug him back. When we pull away from the hug I'm smiling, "this guy never stops talking about you, I'm happy to finally meet the girl that has him playing really well" Dominic exclaims, I blush at his statement. "Stop teasing her man" Matt says while getting out of the booth, I attempt to cover my face with my hair to hide my red cheeks, and arm comes around my waist and I look up to see Matt, "we have practice in half an hour dude, don't be late" Dominic says before walking away. We sit back in the booth and I finally finish off my beverage that has been untouched because of the distractions that happened. After a few more minutes of the two of us talking and laughing Matt needs to go to practice at the arena, "I'll call you when I finish" he tells me as we walk out of the shop, "sounds like a plan" I reply, he smiles before pressing a kiss to my forehead, I wave as he walks away towards the hockey rink.

 After a few more minutes of the two of us talking and laughing Matt needs to go to practice at the arena, "I'll call you when I finish" he tells me as we walk out of the shop, "sounds like a plan" I reply, he smiles before pressing a kiss to my f...

A/N warning you guys now that there is probably going to be a big time skip because I don't want to drag it on before it gets to draft day. Thanks for all of the reads! <3