Part 7

"Are you sure no one will tell him that i'm coming?" I ask Kassidy as we wait at the airport for the flight that will take us to Minnesota for the hockey team's away game, "i'm positive, i may have threatened some of his teammates to make sure the...

"Are you sure no one will tell him that i'm coming?" I ask Kassidy as we wait at the airport for the flight that will take us to Minnesota for the hockey team's away game, "i'm positive, i may have threatened some of his teammates to make sure they stay silent" she explains sheepishly, I laugh and hug her, "i love you Kass" I say, "love you too Jen" she replies as we pull away from the hug. I go to talk but an announcement comes on saying that our flight is ready to board, I smile and pick up my carry on before going to the gate, "i'm so excited" I say, "believe me I know" Kass tells me as we hand over our tickets to the man at the gate.

-.-.-.-.-

A few hours later the plane touches down at the Minneapolis - Saint Paul International airport and the two of us rush off of the plane, once we get into the building we go to the luggage carousel to grab the rest of our things. "Okay so we're staying at the same hotel as the team but we're on a different floor to make sure there aren't any accidental spotting's before the game" Kassidy explains as we walk towards to exit, "sounds good" I reply as we walk out into the cold air. We flag down a cab, put our things in the truck and then pile into the back seat, Kassidy tells the driver our destination before sitting back, "I could use a nice long nap" she tells me, "same, school has been killer lately" I exclaim, "I can't wait to get to our room" she adds as I watch the scenery go by. The cab rolls to a stop in front of a red brick hotel, I jump out of the car as Kassidy pays, I take out our luggage from the trunk and set it down on the ground as I watch my best friend thank the driver before coming towards me, I smile at her and we walk into the hotel to check-in.

As we walk through the lobby to get to the elevators Kassidy curses and pulls me with her behind a post, "what?" I ask confused, "Matt" is all she replies quietly, I nod in understanding as we wait, she peeks from behind the pole and releases a breath, "coast is clear" she says as we continue towards the elevator. When we finally get to our room minutes later I flop onto the double bed by the window, "this is great" I mumble into the duvet, "so true" I hear Kassidy say, I turn my head and see her on the bed next to mine with the TV remote in her hand as she flips through channels. "When does the team play again?" I ask, "in a few hours at 7" she replies, I bring my arm up and check my watch, I factor in the time difference before sighing, "that's so soon" I say with a pout, "well we need all the time we can get to get all pretty" she adds while turning to me, "very true" I exclaim while dropping my arm.

When the clock hits half past six I look at my outfit in the bathroom mirror one last time, "you look hot Jen, Matt will appreciate your outfit" Kass exclaims as I smooth down the BU jersey that i'm wearing and the black leggings that seem to match the dark red perfectly, "okay now lets go before we're late" I tell her as I grab my purse and a key to our hotel room as we leave. "Okay so one of Matt's teammates got us tickets we just have to pick them up at the box office when we get to the rink" Kass explains as we get into a cab that will take us to the game, "sounds perfect, I bet they'll be similar seats to the ones we always get at home games" I reply, "that's definitely not a bad thing" my best friend says with a smile. Once the cab pulls up in front of the arena entrance we thank him and pay before getting out of the car. I take a deep breath as I look up at the building, "this should be fun" I say, "you better believe that girl" Kass interjects as she pulls me towards the box office.