Part 12

A few weeks later once I finish writing my last exam I run out of the gym where I was writing and I yell and laugh feeling relieved to be done

A few weeks later once I finish writing my last exam I run out of the gym where I was writing and I yell and laugh feeling relieved to be done. "I love seeing you that happy" I hear making me turn around and smile at my handsome boyfriend, "well that's a very good thing" I tell him while walking over. Matt places his hands on my hips, pulling me close to him before pressing his lips to mine, I bring a hand up to his face gently stroking his cheek as he fully wraps both of his arms around me, I move my arms around his neck as he hoists me in the air. Once we pull away from each other, Matt takes my hand in his as we walk to the parking lot where he's parked, "so I was thinking that you should come home with me for Christmas" he tells me, my eyes widen at his statement, "you really want me to come with you" I ask shocked, "well yeah, I love you and my parents should meet the girl that has my heart" he explains while squeezing my hand, "will you meet my parents first? I feel like they would be more inclined to let me go if they met you" I reply, "I would love to meet them" Matt tells me with a wide smile, "i'm going to visit them tonight, you could join me" I say, "sounds perfect Jenny" he exclaims before kissing my temple, I smile and bring myself closer to his side as we continue to his car.

Hours later I throw my purse into the backseat of Matt's car before going to Kass who is watching, "i'll see you tomorrow" I tell her before pulling her into a hug, "say hi to your parents for me" she exclaims, "will do" I reply as I pull away from her. I get into the passenger seat and buckle up before turning to look out the window, I wave at my best friend before Matt starts the car and drives away from my place and towards my childhood home. "Morning beautiful" he says, I turn to him with a smile, "morning handsome" I reply while intertwining our hands and placing them in my lap, he runs his thumb over my knuckles gently making my smile widen, I lean over and press a gentle kiss to his cheek. Eventually we roll to a stop in front the house where I grew up, I smile and get out of the car once I grab my purse from where I threw it earlier, Matt comes around the car and stands next to me before slipping his hand into mine, I look up at him while squeezing our hands together, "they'll love you don't worry" I exclaim knowing that he's probably nervous, "I hope so" he replies before placing a quick kiss on my forehead. I pull him to the front door and I ring the doorbell waiting for my parents to open it, I bite my lip as I hear footsteps approaching. The door swings open a few seconds later, I smile when I see my mom, "oh Jenny, come on in sweetheart" she says with a smile, "hi mom" I reply as I pull Matt through the door and into the house. "Who's this handsome young man?" my mom asks noticing Matt next to me, "this is Matt, he's my boyfriend" I reply with a smile, he sticks out a hand to shake my mom's hand but she grabs it and pulls him into a hug instead, I laugh at his shocked expression. 

My dad suddenly appears with a smile on his face, "is that my little girl that I hear laughing" he says, "it sure is dad" I reply happily, he comes to me and wraps me in a bear hug. When we pull away I go towards Matt, "dad this is my boyfriend Matt" I tell him while interlacing my fingers with his, "nice to meet you sir" my boyfriend exclaims with a smile as he sticks out his free hand, my dad looks at me surprised, I shrug while biting my lip nervously. The two shake hands, "it's nice to meet you, I hope you're treating her right" he says, "It wouldn't be any other way" he replies while squeezing my hand, I look up at him with a smile. "Enough chatter lets go to the dining room and eat some supper" my mom exclaims with a smile before leaving the foyer, I slip my shoes off and Matt follows my example by doing the same, my dad has followed my mom so I tug at Matt's hand, he looks at me, "they love you" I say, "they're really nice" he replies, I smile before pressing my lips to his for a quick kiss. When we pull away I tug him to the dining room where plates are set up with food in the center of the table, I slip into a seat followed by Matt who sits next to me.

Once we finish eating our meals my parents are fully in love with Matt, they're laughing about something that I didn't hear because my focus was on my handsome boyfriend, he must feel my gaze because he turns his head to look at me, he smiles and takes my hand in his gently running his thumb over my knuckles. "So how did you two meet?" my mom asks making us break our gaze, "this guy basically ran me over while I was going to lecture" I reply, Matt smiles sheepishly at her, "well i'm happy I was late for practice that day, I wouldn't have met this beautiful girl" he says, I blush at his compliment and he leans over pressing a gently kiss to my temple, "aw you guys are adorable" my mom squeals like a teenage girl, "moooom" I whine feeling embarrassed, "I can't help it sweetie, you have a good man right here" she exclaims with a smile, "yeah I sure do" I tell her with a smile as I look over at Matt.