Part 27

It's a week before Christmas so i've been studying for all of my final exams, spending most of my time in the library in hopes of getting the most out of my studying

It's a week before Christmas so i've been studying for all of my final exams, spending most of my time in the library in hopes of getting the most out of my studying. I groan in frustration as I keep re-reading a paragraph of notes, I throw my pencil down and take out my phone figuring I need a break from studying. While scrolling through my camera roll I spot a picture of me and Matt from a few weeks ago that makes me smile, I end up posting it on Instagram,

"Would right now be any better?" a deep voice asks, I jump in surprise before turning my body, my jaw drops when I see Matt, "oh my god" I say before standing and jumping on him, he laughs and holds the underside of my thighs as I cling to his body

"Would right now be any better?" a deep voice asks, I jump in surprise before turning my body, my jaw drops when I see Matt, "oh my god" I say before standing and jumping on him, he laughs and holds the underside of my thighs as I cling to his body. "What are you doing here?" I ask into his shoulder, "I couldn't wait another week to see you so I came back for the weekend" my boyfriend replies, "isn't coach going to kill you for missing practice?" I respond while pulling away slightly to see his face, "yeah probably but you're worth it" he explains before pressing a passionate kiss to my lips, my hands go to either side of his face as we keep kissing. I pull away after a few minutes, "I would want nothing more than to continue this but I need to finish studying" I say to Matt, he pouts but lowers me back onto my feet, "i'll be done in half an hour, then you can have me to yourself" I add, he smiles at my words, "I can handle that" he replies. 

I slam my books closed a half hour later, which earns me some glares from students sitting nearby, "oops" I mumble before stuffing my things into my backpack. Once I step out of the library i'm greeted by Matt sleeping on the bench across from the library doors, he's sitting up but has his baseball cap pulled over his eyes with his arms crossed across his chest, his chin is tilted downwards. I smile at the sight knowing that he's probably tired from travelling and hockey, I quietly sit next to him, I gently shake his shoulder to wake him up, he shifts and lifts his head, "morning handsome" I say with a smile, he blinks a few times before smiling, "are you finished?" he asks sleepily, "yes, i'm all yours" I reply before placing a gentle kiss on his cheek. We stand up together and Matt laces his fingers with mine before leading me to his rental car. 

Matt parks the car in front of my house, "is anyone home?" he asks me, "nope we have the house to ourselves" I reply, "perfect" he says before getting out of the car, I follow his lead and step out onto the grass. Before I can make a move to walk i'm thrown head over heels as Matt secures me on his shoulder, I squeal and place my hands on his back as he starts going towards the front door. He places me on my feet so that I can unlock the door, once I open the door we step in and take off our shoes. I take Matt's hand and drag him to my bedroom, I close the door behind us and turn back to him, he's sitting at the end of the bed watching me, I walk over and climb onto his lap my legs on either side of him. "I've missed you and this" he tells me while placing his hands on my legs, "I missed you too Matty, it's been so weird not having you around" I reply with my hands on his shoulders, "well i'm glad I could be here right now" he exclaims with a smile.

I bring a hand up and run a finger across his lips, his eyes noticeably darken at the gesture and his grip on me tightens. I move my hand to the back of his neck before moving my face towards his, "i love you" I exclaim, "I can't begin to explain how much I love you" he replies before connecting our lips, I press myself closer to him and both of my hands find their way under his shirt moving down his back with a feather like touch, his hands come under my shirt and gently move up my torso, I sink into his touch as we continue kissing. Matt starts leaving kisses on my neck, I suddenly hear the front door closing, I sit up and Matt pulls away, "was that?" he starts, "yes" I reply, "not a big deal, I know somewhere that we can have some privacy" I add before getting off of his lap and pulling him into my bathroom, locking the door behind us as we continue where we left off, I pull him to the shower where I turn on the water, we strip out of our clothes before stepping under the water together.  

-.-.-.-.-.-

Later the two of us go to the kitchen where Kass is preparing some food, "hi bestie" I say, she turns to me, "girl you'll never believe what happened today... oh Matt when did you get here?" she says surprised, "I actually surprised Jenny in the library earlier, I took a trip back for the weekend" my boyfriend replies with a grin. "Well it's great to have you back, this girl has been moping" she exclaims, "it's great to be back" he responds before looking over at me happily, "i'm making some pizza for dinner, do you guys want some?" she asks, "that would be great Kass" I reply while smiling, "sweet! it should be ready soon" I nod and take Matt to the living room while we wait to eat. 

Later we are all around the the table eating and laughing at some of the stories Matt tells us about his teammates. I smile at the happiness radiating off of him when talking about playing in Seattle, my gaze stays on Matt as he talks, he must feel me watching because he turns his head to me, he grins at me before taking my hand in his before he continues talking to Kassidy. The rest of the night goes flawlessly as we talk about everything and anything happening in our lives, I try not to think about when he has to leave and stay in the moment enjoying having everyone here in Boston for a weekend.