Part 24

A week later i'm back home and it's the first day of classes for a new school year, Kass waits in our kitchen

A week later i'm back home and it's the first day of classes for a new school year, Kass waits in our kitchen. Once I have my backpack ready I eat some breakfast "ready for another school year?" Kassidy asks, "no but we gotta do what we gotta do" I reply she nods while filling a thermos with coffee. The two of us get into the car to make our way to campus, "how are yoou holding up on the Matt front?" she asks "not bad, I just miss him" I reply sadly, "I know babe but just think he's out there doing what he loves, and he'll be back before you know it" she explains as she parks at school "yeah I know it's just hard not having him here" I say as I get out of the car, "you've still got me and we are going to rock this year" she tells me before linking her arm with mine as we walk to our lecture hall.

We step out of class 2 hours later and decide to get drinks at the on campus coffee shop, we start making our way there and my phone starts ringing. I pull it out to check the caller ID, i'm surprised to see that it's Matt, "who is it?" Kassidy asks, "Matt, which is weird because he should be doing stuff with his teammates" I reply, "pick it up it might be important" she exclaims, I nod and accept the call. "Hey Matty" I say, "Hey gorgeous" he replies making me smile, "why are you calling? you should be with your team" I say, "right well I have some bad news" he starts, I bite my lip nervously, "what is it?" I ask, "we were practicing like every other day and I happened to be in front of the net and I got a slap shot to the wrist, it's broken so i'll be out for eight weeks at the least" he explains, "OH MY GOD" I yell into the phone, "are you okay, do I need to fly to Seattle" I add concerned, "i'm going to be fine Jenny and you have school you are not coming all the way over here" he explains, "but..." I start, "nope there is nothing you can do to help and I want you to focus on school and get your degree" he cuts in, "I hate it when you're right" I mumble he laughs making a smile come to my face, "I love you so much" he says, "I love you too, please don't injure your wrist even more, and call me if there's an emergency" I explain to him, "will do, now get back to lectures" he exclaims, "okay bye, love you" I conclude, "love you too" he says one last time, I hang up the phone and find that we're at the coffee shop. 

Once we've sat down with our drinks I tell Kassidy about Matt's injury, "man that sucks and he was just starting out with the team" she exclaims, I sip my drink before nodding, "yeah, I wish I could do something to help, but he told me to stay here and focus on school" I explain to her, "he's right though" she tells me, "yeah I know" I reply while curling my hands around my cup. "C'mon we have class in a few minutes maybe that will keep your mind off of his injury for a bit" my best friend exclaims while standing up, "maybe you're right" I respond as I also get up so that we can leave the shop and walk to lecture.

-.-.-.-.-

We finally get back home after the long day of lectures and I go to my room dropping my bag on the floor before lying on my bed with my phone in front of my face. A text comes through and its a picture from Matt of him holding up his wrist that is covered in a cast with the caption saying, have a new accessory, I laugh at the words before replying, it will probably go with every outfit, I can imagine him smiling which makes me smile. Suddenly my phone starts vibrating with a video call, I accept it right away, Matt's face appears on my phone screen, "well hi there handsome" I say, he smiles, "hey beautiful" he replies, "to what do I owe this video call?" I ask, "I just wanted to see my beautiful girlfriend" he replies, "isn't that sweet of you" I say, "it sure is" he exclaims with a grin. "How's the wrist holding up?" I ask while biting my lip, "it's not too bad, at little sore but the pain killers help" he replies while bringing his cast up to the camera, "you sure you don't need me there to help" I ask concerned, "yes i'm fine the guys help me out when needed" he replies reassuring me, "okay, I just miss you and this injury doesn't make matters any better" I explain, "I miss you too Jenny, it's not the same without you" he responds, "I have a break in a few weeks, i'm definitely going to go see you for that week" I say determined, "I couldn't ask for anything more" he exclaims with a huge smile, "perfect i'll update you when I make the plans" I reply excitedly, "I love seeing you happy, it always transfers to my happiness" he tells me, "keep that happiness in mind because I have to go, i need to eat and i'm exhausted from lectures" I reply sadly, "okay i'll let you go beautiful, talk to you later" he says, "bye" I say while waving, he blows me a kiss and I smile before hanging up the call. Later once i've eaten and changed into my pjs I spend a few hours reading before falling asleep with the book still open on my chest.