Part 3

"I can't believe I agreed to this" I tell Kassidy as I nervously fidget with my outfit, "Jenny this will all work out perfectly" she explains to me while smiling, "I hope so" I reply as I grab my things before walking out of the front door and tow...

"I can't believe I agreed to this" I tell Kassidy as I nervously fidget with my outfit, "Jenny this will all work out perfectly" she explains to me while smiling, "I hope so" I reply as I grab my things before walking out of the front door and towards the car so that we can go to the hockey game. Kassidy offers to drive knowing that i'm a bundle of nerves, "you have no reason to be nervous Jen, he will think that you are awesome" she explains trying to reassure me, "I hope so" I reply as I watch the scenery go by. A few minutes later Kassidy parks the car near the entrance of the arena, I take a deep breath before getting out of the car and advancing towards the building. Once we step into the rink I pull out the tickets to get scanned, "enjoy the game" the ticket person exclaims with a smile, "thanks" I reply before pulling my best friend to our seats that end up being the same ones from the home opener. As soon as I sit I feel uncomfortable, "why did we choose these seats again?" I ask Kassidy, "because we need to be close to Matt so that he sees you" she replies, "such a bad decision" I say feeling my nerves elevate as skaters come onto the ice for warmups.

I watch the Terriers skate while biting my lip, "I can't watch" I exclaim while putting my hands over my face, "nothing has happened Jen, plus he'll want to see you" Kass tells me as she pulls my hands away from my face, I go to reply but something hits the glass in front of us making me jump. My eyes immediately see the familiar blue ones on the other side of the glass watching me, I blush realizing Matt saw me jump, he smiles at expression, I feel butterflies in my stomach waiting for him to do something. He holds up a puck and gestures as if he's going to throw it over the glass, I nod as if to say that I understand, he throws the puck upwards and it just gets over the glass easily landing in my hands, I look at the cold piece of rubber and flip it over seeing words written on it, glad that your nose isn't in a book, I snap my head up at him, he laughs as my jaw drops, he points at the puck, meet me at the entrance at the end of the game to tell me about that book, I look up at him again and he smiles at me hopefully, "oh my god you have to meet him" Kassidy interjects making me realizing we aren't the only two people in the arena. I bite my lip as I try to make a decision, the horn sounds notifying the players that warmups are done, Matt looks back at his teammates before looking back at me, I finally stick two thumbs up figuring there's nothing to lose if I meet him later, he smiles looking relieved before skating to the bench to leave the ice with his team. 

-.-.-.-.-

It's after the game and i'm at the entrance in a panic, "Kass I can't do this" I say while pacing back and forth in front of her, "Jen you have to snap out of it, he went out of his want to not only toss you a puck but to write a message on the puck for you to see, this guy is not messing with you" my best friend tells me while placing her hands on my shoulders to make me stand still, "what if I mess it up, i'm such an awkward person around new people especially attractive guys" I explain while biting my lip, "he won't care, he would probably find it cute" she replies, "you think?" I add hopefully, "i'm sure of it, now i'm going to go, if you need me just call" she says with a smile, I nod and watch as she leaves the rink. I turn back towards the ice and release a breath that I was holding, I let my eyes scan my surroundings as I wait for Matt to show up.