Part 16

The next few weeks go by with the two of us not speaking a word to each other

The next few weeks go by with the two of us not speaking a word to each other. Kassidy notices my silence and bad mood, she pampers me almost every night with movies and snacks, which is where we find ourselves this evening as we watch The Princess Diaries on the couch. I feel my best friend watching me every few minutes, "I'm fine Kass, you don't have to worry" I tell her with a smile, "I'm just worried about you guys, you haven't talked for at least two weeks" she replies, "this is good for us, Matt can't expect me to stop everything to be with him" I say, "but have you thought about following him and his hockey career? There probably is a way to finish college online, and plus he probably won't be in the pros for at least another year" Kassidy explains, "I've thought about it...but Kass what about you" I say, "oh please I'll be fine" she tells me with a wave of her hand, "this is hard, but I love him with all of my heart" I exclaim while looking down at my lap, "isn't that all that matters, the day you guys met was fate" she says before wrapping me in a hug, "thanks for this Kass, I love you bestie" I exclaim.

A few hours later Kassidy is asleep on the couch while I finish watch the movie with a smile on my face. There's a knock on the front door making me jump slightly, I pause the movie before standing up and walking to the front door. I look through the peephole and see Matt standing outside with a bouquet of flowers in his hands, I smile before opening the door, "what are you doing here?" I ask, "I came to say that i'm sorry for being such a horrible boyfriend and that you mean way more to me than hockey and I wouldn't be where I am without your support" he explains, "Matt..." I start, "wait I know that you want to have your own career I just love you so much and I don't want to be away from you" he interrupts while stepping into the house, "I love you too you dork" I say while accepting the flowers from him. I take a whiff of them before smiling, "thank you for these" I say while looking at him, "some flowers for a flower" he exclaims with a shrug, I blush, "I'm going to go put these in some water" I say before walking to the kitchen to fill a tall glass with water before placing the flowers in it. 

When I go to leave the kitchen I see that Matt has followed me and is leaning against the doorframe, "so does this mean our time apart is over?" he asks with a smile, "yes" I reply as I put down the flowers to turn to him, "so it's okay if I kiss you" he adds while stepping closer to me, "definitely" I exclaim while watching him, he smirks before placing his hands on either side of my waist, before I can say anymore he leans down and presses his lips to mine passionately, my hands slide up to his chest and he wraps his arms fully around my waist bringing me flush against him. "WOAH I did not expect that at all" I hear, I pull away from Matt and see Kassidy standing in front of us with wide eyes, my cheeks redden in embarrassment, he laughs and I hit him, "hey Kassidy" he says, "nice to have you back Matt" my best friend exclaims with a huge smile on her face, "I better go I have an early morning practice tomorrow" he adds before letting go of me, "okay I text you later" I say with a smile, Matt presses a kiss to my head before leaving the house. 

Once Kassidy has pulled me over to the couch she sits next to me, "you have to tell me everything that led to what I saw in the kitchen" she tell me, "well while you slept he knocked on our door with flowers in hand, he went on to apologize for how he acted and, he followed me to the kitchen where I filled up a glass with water for the flowers and we agreed that our time apart has ran its course" I explain, she smiles, "i'm so happy that you guys resolved this issue, the world would not be right if you guys weren't a couple" Kassidy says, "that's a little dramatic" I say with a laugh, "nah, it's just the truth" she replies before pulling me into a hug. "Okay I really should go to sleep i'm exhausted" I say to Kassidy, she lets me go and goes to her bedroom while I turn off the movie and make my way to my own bedroom. I slide under the covers of my bed and let out a yawn before turning off my lamp before falling asleep with Matt on my mind.

 I slide under the covers of my bed and let out a yawn before turning off my lamp before falling asleep with Matt on my mind

A/N I know my chapters have been short lately, but school just started and my inspiration for this has been lacking. Just bare with me and we'll get through this story together :) <3