Part 19

June 2019 - NHL Draft - Vancouver, BC, Canada

The morning of the draft I'm woken up by the sunlight that streams through the curtains of the hotel room me and Matt are sharing, his arm is thrown across my waist as he keeps me close to his body. I attempt to move but he groans while tightening his grip on me, "Matty it's draft day, you don't want to be late" I say to the handsome man next to me, "but I just want a few minutes more with my gorgeous girlfriend" he exclaims sleepily, "well tough luck babe" I reply as I rotate in his arms and press a gentle kiss to his forehead before freeing myself from his arms. I grab the bag from the closet that holds my dress before moving to my suitcase to get some underwear, I go into the washroom and get dressed and ready for the draft. I know that I need a shower so I turn on the water and wait for it to warm up before stripping from my pjs, I step into the shower and sigh at the warm water that cascades down my body. A few minutes later I'm surprised when Matt pushes aside the shower curtain and slips into the shower with me, he smiles before placing his hands on my hips, "I figured we should save some water" he tells me before kissing my bare shoulder. What feels like hours later we finish in the shower and I push Matt out of the washroom so that I can put on my dress without him seeing, he pouts but complies.

A few minutes later when i'm fully ready I open the door and go back into the bedroom, I don't see Matt anywhere but I spot a piece of paper on the bed,

Had to go do media stuff - M

I smile before pulling out my phone to text Amanda (Matt's twin sister), to see if she wants to meet up and hangout before the draft, when she gladly agrees I smile and grab my things before going to her hotel room. When I get to her room I knock once and the door swings open, "wow little miss Jenny knows how to dress up" Amanda exclaims with a smile, "you don't look too bad either Amanda, all those draft picks won't know how to keep their eyes away" I say, she laughs, "those boys are way too young for me babe" she explains. "Okay enough about the guys, what do you want to do before we have to go to the arena?" I ask her, "let's go get food" she replies, "love that idea" I exclaim before we leave the hotel and hail a cab to take us to the restaurant we both saw on the way into town.

A few hours later we find ourselves getting dropped off in front of Rogers Arena, where the draft is being held, I bite my lip as I watch the fans going in. "Okay so Matt said that he's going to be coming with the 'rents in a few minutes" Amanda explains, "sounds good, I guess we'll just wait here" I reply as I scroll through my social media. After a few minutes arms come around me, I smile and lean into the body behind me, "you look stunning in that dress" Matt says into my ear before pressing a kiss behind my ear, I turn to him and let my eyes run along his body, "you look really handsome in that suit" I tell him while bringing my hands up to straighten his tie, "thank you for being here" he exclaims while putting his hands on either side of my hips, "I wouldn't want to be anywhere else" I reply before kissing his cheek gently. "C'mon guys it's starting soon" Amanda tells us, "we're coming Manda" Matt replies before throwing an arm across my shoulders so that we can walk into the arena together.