Part 23

After sitting around in bed for awhile I decide to venture out to Starbucks again knowing that I have plenty of time to get there and back

After sitting around in bed for awhile I decide to venture out to Starbucks again knowing that I have plenty of time to get there and back. I slip out of bed and throw on a floral print dress, I adjust the spaghetti straps before going to brush my teeth and hair, when i'm done I grab my purse that hold my room key, wallet and phone and I leave the room. When I step outside I breath in the fresh air as I start my walk to Starbucks, I find my eyes moving from side to side as I admire the scenery around me, I snap some pictures as I walk feeling at peace in this city. Before I know it i'm sitting at one of the tables in Starbucks right next to the window with my drink and breakfast in front of me. I take a sip of my drink happily as I watch the people walking by the window, "hey" I turn to the voice and see a guy with a Seattle Thunderbirds Hockey shirt standing at my table, "I saw that you were alone, need some company?" he asks with a smirk, "i'm fine thanks" I reply politely, "you sure, it looks like you need a hockey player in your company?" he adds, "yes" I scoff at his cocky attitude, "i'm sure if my boyfriend saw you doing this he wouldn't be happy so go back to your buddies, who I see over there watching, and try to find some other way to get some action, or better yet grow up and learn how to treat girls" I finish before taking my food and drink with me as I stand up and leave the shop. 

p.s. the Seattle Thunderbirds are a junior hockey team in the WHL with players ages ranging from 15-20, okay you can read on....

On my way back to the hotel I feel frustrated because the teenage guy ruined my plans for a nice and quiet breakfast which I will now have to eat in the hotel room. When I get to the room I throw my purse onto the bed before sitting at the little table that was provided, I take out my breakfast sandwich and start eating. My phone vibrates so I get up and find my phone in my purse before sitting back at the table,

K: hey girl, how's Seattle?

J: it's beautiful, but the teenage boys in this town are too much for me :P

K: oh god what happened

J: I was at Starbucks ready to have good breakfast with some coffee and this guy comes to my table with his cocky attitude and his seattle thunderbirds shirt on and tries to keep me company, you could say it was the worst experience i've had at Starbucks

K: ugh I hate junior hockey players, they're so cocky and think that they're god's gift to women

J: i'm just happy I got out of there when I did, I could not handle that this early 

K: Matt is going to be so mad, and will probably never let you go anywhere without him

J: that's the truth, i'll try to keep it simple when I tell him later

K: wait! didn't he start camp today?

J: yeah he's there as we speak, I've been left alone until later when we go out for dinner

K: Oooo date night in Seattle

J: yeah i'm excited, I love it here

K: don't have too much fun, or you'll never come back

J: I will always come back, my best friend isn't here 

K: aw love you, shoot I gotta go, I have somewhere to be

J: okay bye Kass, talk to you later

K: bye little J

I hang up the phone with a smile before finishing my food, I spend the rest of the day watching TV hoping that it will make the day go by quicker. 

-.-.-.-.-.-

I feel something on my forehead making me shift around before opening my eyes, I blink a few times and see that Matt is lying on the bed next to me with his arm around my waist, "morning sleepyhead" he says with a smile, "hi" I reply before bringing a hand up to his face, gently running my fingers across his cheek, he tugs me closer making me smile. "Have you just been sleeping while I was gone?" he asks, "no I went out and then I came back and I guess I fell asleep while watching TV" I reply, "where did you go?" Matt asks curiously, "I went to Starbucks for breakfast" I start, "I also have to tell you something" I finish looking at him nervously, "okay" he responds while watching my expression, "so I was sitting at Starbucks just minding my own business and this guy came up to me" I say, Matt tenses at my words, "wait relax, he was a thunderbirds player, he was just being cocky and was asking if he could keep me company, I told him off completely, i'm sure his friends enjoyed watching that, but that's it, I walked out after that, I literally wanted to punch a wall because of how annoying it was" I finish. 

Matt sits up after my talking, I follow his action and place a hand on his arm, "did he touch you?" he asks, "no not even a bit, i'm fine Matty" I reply, "i shouldn't have left you here alone" he exclaims with concern, "hey i'm fine, he was a harmless teenager who didn't know any better" I tell him while moving onto his lap gently, "I wish I could have been there to give him a piece of my mind" Matt says while cradling my face in his hands, "calm down Matt, it's no big deal I handled it myself" I explain trying to reassure my protective boyfriend. 

I lean forward and press a kiss to his lips before pulling away, "enough about me, how was camp?" I ask him, he smiles, "it was pretty good, all the guys are nice but I got my butt kicked, i'm going to be so sore tomorrow" he explains, seeing him this happy makes me proud of all that he has accomplished, "I'm so proud of you Matt, this is huge for you" I tell him, "I haven't even signed with them" he exclaims with a shrug, "no don't do that" I say with a pout, "what?" he asks confused, "don't undermine your talent and your accomplishments, you are one of the millions of guys that got drafted to the NHL, and you could be one of the 30 guys that gets onto the team after camp, this is just your beginning in this career" I say, "wow you really are perfect" he exclaims before pressing a passionate kiss to my lips, my hands go to his shoulders as he wraps his arms around me tightly. I pull away a few minutes later feeling out of breath, "later Matt, we have a dinner reservation to get to" I tell my overly enthusiastic boyfriend, "you're right, if we don't leave soon I won't be letting you out of this room" he explains while slipping me off of his lap.

 I pull away a few minutes later feeling out of breath, "later Matt, we have a dinner reservation to get to" I tell my overly enthusiastic boyfriend, "you're right, if we don't leave soon I won't be letting you out of this room" he explains while ...