Part 21

I step in the house and take off my shoes before dropping my bag on the floor, "Jenny is that you?" I hear my mom yell, "yeah mom it's me" I reply before walking into the kitchen where I know she'll be

I step in the house and take off my shoes before dropping my bag on the floor, "Jenny is that you?" I hear my mom yell, "yeah mom it's me" I reply before walking into the kitchen where I know she'll be. "Oh good, perfect timing, I just took some muffins out of the oven, you need to try one and tell me how they are" she explains with a smile, "I will gladly do that" I say as I grab one, knowing that I will probably love it, because she always bakes the best creations.

I sit by the counter and grab a warm muffin from the cooking rack, I take a bite and groan, once I swallow I look over at my mom, "those have got to be the best ones you've ever made" I say, "good I'll make sure to put the recipe in the use again binder" she tells me with a smile before cleaning up the dirty dishes. "So I was thinking that we should have a little spa day at home, we can put on some face masks, paint our nails and put on some chick flicks" my mom explains when she finishes cleaning, "that sounds great mom" I reply with a smile, "okay well go get into something comfy and I'll do the same, we'll meet in the basement" she tells me, I nod and walk to my room.

Once i've grabbed all the supplies necessary for our spa day I meet my mom in our basement where she already has the TV turned on and the DVD cabinet open to see choose what to watch. "What do you want to watch Jenny?" she asks as she turns to me, I drop all the stuff onto the coffee table and sit on the couch, "Mean Girls, that's always a good way to start a chick flick marathon" I reply, "perfect" she replies before grabbing the movie and sticking the disc into the DVD player. When she sits next to me a few minutes later I turn to her, "so why did you really want to do this?" I ask curiously, "what are you talking about I can't just ask my daughter to have a spa day with me" she replies avoiding my real question, "mom, I know there's more" I exclaim, "fine, I don't know how much longer you'll be here with me, I know that Matt go drafted to Seattle and you'll probably be there with him in the future so I want to take advantage of the time I have with you" she spills, "aw mom, you'll always have me, I won't be going anywhere for quite a while and Matt knows that" I reply, she starts to tear up and I bring her into a hug, "I just don't know what i'll do without my little girl" she tells me, "you'll be fine" I say before pulling away from the hug. "Okay enough mushy stuff lets just enjoy this day and not think about the future" she says while wiping at her eyes, "sounds like a great idea mom" I reply with a smile as I sit back again turning my attention to the TV screen.

Later when we are waiting for the nail polish to dry on our hands and feet my mom scoots a bit closer to me, "so are you going to Seattle with Matt when he goes to training camp?" she asks, "yeah for a week" I reply not making eye contact with her, "that's good darling" she replies before putting a hand on my arm, I look up and smile, "yeah, i'm excited" I tell her. She must realize that i'm overthinking about the future, "sweetheart I know that you are worrying about your relationship with Matt, but you have to relax, after everything that you guys have been through this should be fine" she explains to me, "I can't help it, Seattle is so far away and we've never been through something this major, i'm still getting my degree and he's chasing his dream career, we need to balance everything and still come out together at the end of it" I say as I look over at my mom, she holds out her arms for a hug and I fall into them wrapping my own arms around her, "you guys are meant to be together, that has been apparent since the day we met him and saw how you guys interact" she tells me before kissing my head, "mom you're the best, thank you for this whole night, I really needed it" I exclaim while staying in her arms, "i'll always be here for you Jenny" she replies while holding me for a little bit longer.

As the night goes on we have fun throughout the whole chick flick marathon, laughing and singing and talking along with characters in some of our all time favourite movies. When I start getting sleepy I notice that it's nearing midnight, before I fall asleep in front of the TV I call it a night, I tell my mom goodnight before dragging myself to my bedroom where I put my hair into a bun and put on my pjs before falling into bed, I fall asleep almost instantly without a worry on my mind.