58 | universal

Let's just start off with me apologizing about me being gone for so long, I've missed you guys so much

"wow..." Y/n's eyes lit up as she walked onto the field with other girls behind her. Today was her first day of majorette practice but that didn't make her nervous.

On the other side, there stood 4 young men, the coach, and 6 tall brown girls. A typical view. Y/n stopped at the yellow line as the other girls stood beside her. She was a leader already.

She looked every one of them in the eye for at least 3 seconds.

"Welcome ladies, I'm Director Polland ." A brown skin man, gray beard, began talking, putting his whistle aside. Full attention was on him, silence occupying the field.

"Since you've made it this far, I'm guessing you all have prepared for nonstop workouts, dedication to yourself , and most of all being a Southern University lady LaCumba. Am I right?"

"Yes sir." Y/n spoke up, their eyes landing on her. Director Polland lowered his glasses to the tip of his nose, glancing at her.

"And your name is?"

"Y/n Y/m/n Y/l/n" She spoke confidently, loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Unusual last name, you must be related to Marissa Y/l/n." She nodded her head yes.

"Yes, I am."

"Runs in the family, I see." Y/n nodded her head, slowly, wanting some attention off of herself.

🌞

By now, everyone had finished with introducing themselves to the team & coaches. The girls sat on a bench, conversing while Y/n looked onto the field, imagining herself on it. All she ever wanted was to be apart of a real team.

Yeah, she was on the high school dance team, but this was all real to her.

"Majorettes, rise." The girls stood from the bench, all attention on Director Polland.

"Tomorrow is when the hard work begins, come prepared at 5:30 sharp, no later. Get a full rest, we'll see you in the morning." Y/n began walking away, looking at the schedule that was in her hand.

"Ayo girl!" Someone yelled across the field, Y/n turning around. There stood the captains.

"Yes?"

"What are you to Marissa?"

"2nd cousin." She began walking away, hearing her actual name being called.

"I'm having a party tonight, slide through." A tall, dark guy spoke up, handing her a paper.

"Just in case you forget."

"I won't be going, thanks for the offer though." She said in her most polite voice. She handed him the paper back.

"If you're that close kin to Marissa, you must have skills, little one. We look forward to working with you." A female captain told her, giving her a warm smile.

"Thanks, even though I'm related to Marissa, I don't expect special treatment, see you guys tomorrow morning." Y/n walked away, placing her rolled up schedule in her pocket, proceeding to her dorm for a goodnight sleep.