Chapter 1: Don't Sit So Close To Him!

Alfred's Side:

Alfred's eyes were directly focused on the pair across his table, his anger boiling up.

Across the table from his was Arthur, his former best friend,and the other a senior... Gilbert was it? Not the point, he observed that the white haired teen was sitting awfully too close to Arthur. But even worse, Arthur didn't mind it! The sight made Alfred's stomach churn, his teeth grinding as his eyes bore onto them.

He was at the canteen with his friends and was just casually checking up on Arthur (nothing wrong with that, he thinks) as usual across his table.

Of course he'd want to watch over Arthur! He used to be his childhood best friend since they were kids... until that thing in middle school.

Alfred reminisces the memories of 3 years ago...

"Al...I like you..." Arthur suddenly spoke, his green eyes sparkling, waiting for Alfred's reply.

Frozen, Alfred simply looks back at Arthur's, his heart picks up quickly and he feels his face warm up.

Arthur simply looks at him with his emerald eyes, his cheeks pink too, but saying nothing. God, he looks so cute! He would've already pinched his cheeks if it weren't for the situation they're currently in.

Back to the current situation, Alfred was freaking out, he didn't know what to say. Sure, girls confessed to him and all and he was fine with it, but why was it weirdly different when Arthur confesses?? Well, he's happy if Arthur does like him but he's a boy and Alfred is too! Then it hit him: He must be pranking him!

With his conclusion, Alfred scratches his neck and speaks. "Uhh, Arthur...What the heck are you talking about?" Alfred begins, "I'm a boy, You're a boy! That's so totally not...cool." He feels his heart hurt as the words come out. But pushing aside his feelings, He grins, hoping Arthur would return it and everything would go back to normal.

He continues, "This is a prank,right? Well congrats Artie, you really scared me there!" A side of him wishes for it not to be a prank but Alfred brushes it off. He finishes, smiling widely but as he looks back at Arthur his heart clenches.

Arthur was looking at him, hurt completely evident in his emerald eyes and his adorable cheeks now red. Alfred gulps nervously.

Tears start forming in his eyes. "...I thought you were better than this, Al..." He begins, his voce quavering. "I would've been FINE if you just REJECTED ME, but NO!"

Arthur angrily jabs a finger on Alfred's chest, tears falling harder than before. "You just HAD to be an asshole about it! You just...you just..!" He stops, letting himself fall on his knees and sob.

Alfred was shocked. So Arthur does like him... Alfred's guilt meter goes up high and he kneels infront of the sobbing boy. "A-Arthur... Please don't cry, I'm sorry--"

*SLAP!*

Alfred was frozen in his spot, his blue eyes wide with shock and his cheek stinging with pain. Arthur's hand was on the other side of his face, a ruler away and his wet eyes glaring daggers towards him.

"Don't touch me.." Arthur's voice was low, venom seeping through his words and Alfred tastes the poison. "...And don't come over anymore, I don't want to be friends with someone like you!"

Before Alfred could say anything to him, Arthur runs out of his room sobbing.

"Arthur!" Alfred chases after him, catching up to him at the living room and pulling his hand which stops the other boy. Arthur wasn't looking at him, his head was down on the floor and Alfred could feel the other boy whimpering, shaking.