Chapter 22: "...Everyday."

Alfred's Side:

Ever since that talk with Arthur at that Cafe, Alfred's never done anything towards Arthur.

He hadn't teased him, flirted with him, told him he loves him,

Nothing.

He held himself back and limited himself back to neutral with Antonio and Arthur.

And God, it was just hell.

***

Matthias approaches the table with a huge grin. "Hey guys, guess who's having a blasting party this Friday night!"

The guys look over at Matthias. "You." Everyone says in unison and Matthias pouts, "How did you guys know? I was trying to keep it as a surprise for you guys!"

"So much for trying to keep it a secret," Arthur begins, "We all heard it first thing in the morning." Arthur says with an eyebrow. Alfred chuckles.

"Is it like one of those parties with alcohol in it, because I think I'll pass." Mattie says with his hands up. Gilbert snickers at him, "Oh come on! You gotta grow up sometime, right Arthur?" Gilbert winks at Arthur and Arthur glares at him.

"Don't even talk about that, Gilbert." Gilbert laughs. Everyone starts asking questions about Matthias' party but Alfred just slouches in his seat, staring at his burger.

Once again, he hadn't had the appetite to eat burgers today...

And that's like, his favorite food in the world.

He feels a hand over his shoulder. He turns to see Kiku looking at him with concern, "Alfred-san, are you okay?" Alfred gives him a reassuring smile, "Yeah, don't worry about me Kiku."

"Heeeyyy, Kiku!" Gilbert suddenly calls out, "I heard from a couple of guys that you have a thing for this new greek transfer student!"

Kiku blushes, "I-I have no idea what you are talking about, Gilbert-san." Everyone then turns to look at Kiku and at once, questions are bombarded to Kiku.

Alfred laughs. At least Kiku is moving forward. Even Gilbert and Mattie are getting close.

...only Alfred isn't.

He turns to look over at Arthur, who was sitting beside Antonio. They both seemed to be talking about the book that's laying infront of them. He sees Arthur smile and Alfred feels the painful twist of his heart get worse.

'Dont let then affect you, Alfred. You're strong...' Alfred reassures himself. He decides to just wrap his burgers in a clean plastic bag and stores them inside his bag. Yeah, he definitely doesn't have the appetite for anything.

"How about you, Arthur? Are you heading to the party?" Mattie asks Arthur. Arthur thinks for a moment. "I'm not sure. I don't think my mother or my brothers would be fine with that..."

"Aw, seriously? That sucks, Arthur." Gilbert whines, getting an eyebrow up from Arthur, "I'm betting you haven't even gone to a party before."

Arthur sputters, "W-Wha? Psh! Of course I have!" Gilbert smirks at him, "I'm guessing an uncool guy like you doesn't even know how to have fun-"

"OF COURSE I DO!" Arthur's eyes land on Alfred, a small blush on his cheeks and Alfred blushes back. Arthur looks away and turns to Matthias, "I'll be there to prove this idiot wrong!"

Alfred frowns, "Arthur, don't let this guy get to your head. He's just-"

"HAHAH! This sounds awesome!" Gilbert laughs and Alfred sighs, along with Antonio.