An Alfred Chapter! (2)

Alfred's Side:
(23 days/30 days)

"Hey Arthur, so... I was thinking..." Alfred mutters as they had arrived on Arthur's sidewalk. Arthur slowly gets off and shuffles a bit as Alfred gets off the motorbike too.

"Yes...?" Arthur asks lowly, a small blush on his face as he looks over at Alfred.

"Well, I was thinking that maybe we should hang out tomorrow for the whole day." Alfred says, feeling weirdly nervous for some reason.

Arthur cocks his head and blinks. "You mean, like a date...?" Alfred smiles. "As long as it means that two people hang out together, we can call it that."

Alfred sees Arthur blush more and he laughs, feeling giddy. "Well, best we both rest well tonight. Because tomorrow we'll have a fun date!" Alfred exclaims, pumping his fist up in the air and Arthur nods weakly.

They both say their goodbye but Alfred can't help but feel that there's something wrong with Arthur.

"...maybe he's just tired." Alfred reassures himself as he enters his house.

***

Alfred could just jump for joy as he's finally sorted out his plan for tomorrow.

He grins to himself. "I'm sure Arthur's gonna enjoy tomorrow's date! But still... I have this weird feeling..."

Alfred hears a knock on his door and Alfred gets up from his bed and opens it. "Hey, mom. Do you need something?"

His mother shakes her head. "No need. I was just wondering what you were so excited about once you've arrived home."

Alfred smiles. "Me and Arthur are going to go on a date!"

"A... Date?" His mother repeats, confused. Alfred nods. "Yes, a date."

She stares at Alfred for a while when she suddenly gives Alfred a wide smile. "Oh my son I'm so proud of you!"

Alfred could only stare. "W-What-"

"My Alfred, oh how you've grown into such a handsome man! Oh my I'm so happy...!" She suddenly pulls the confused looking Alfred into her arms and starts sobbing happily. "Fainalli, *sniff* youb relyzd yourfeeli *sniff* fo Arshhtur...!"

"W-What? Mom I can't understand you..." Alfred questions and his mother looks up at him. "I never thought I would finally see the day *sniff* my son would realize his feelings and now...! Go on a date with his lover...! I'm so *sniff* happy for you, Alfred!"

Alfred furrows his eyebrows together, still not getting anything. "Mom I don't get what you're saying."

Alfred's mom stops sobbing and she stares at Alfred. "Well, if you're going on a date with Arthur, that must mean that you two are dating, right?"

Alfred cocks his head to the side. "Dating...?" He repeats, trying to remember exactly what the word is.

Dating... Dating as in the calendar...? No... Wait, dating as in like Ludwig and Feliciano dating??

Then his eyes widen and he blushes a deep red. "N-No, mom! You got it all wrong! M-Me and A-Arthur are just r-really g-good friends...! That's all!" Alfred fumbles on his words and he could only blush harder.

Alfred's mother stares at him. "So... You two are not-"

"NO! I DON'T LOVE ARTHUR!" Alfred yells in defense and even Alfred was surprised. That sounded too much like he was in... Denial or something.

His mother frowns. "Alfred...

...Do you even know what love is?" Alfred freezes in his spot. He blinks, and then blinks again. He sucks in a breath as his body had turned stiff.