An Arthur Chapter! (3)

*This chapter happens a couple days after the incident at Matthias' house.*
Btw, thanks to animezanvis and RottenWomanHere for adding my story to your reading lists!!
-NSO
_______________________________
Arthur's Side:

Arthur takes a deep breath as he knocks on the door infront of him, his heart racing with nervousness.

A few moments of silence befalls on him before the door suddenly opens.

Arthur swallows as his eyes lands on the familiar green orbs he had gotten so used to. The person infront of him stares back with guilt, surprise, and hurt.

"Arthur...? What are you doing here...?" Antonio questions him with wide eyes. Arthur breathes out a small sigh, "Antonio... We need to talk."

"Arthur..." Antonio begins, his eyes furrowing together, "...there's nothing to talk about. I cheated on you and you did the same to me. Nothing else more to discuss there-"

"Antonio, I know you've been avoiding me for the past couple of days and honestly... I've been doing the same thing. But we can't just leave things like this. We need to talk... About us." Arthur says, his chest tightening. Antonio closes his eyes for a brief moment before opening them again, nodding hesitantly at Arthur and letting him inside the dorm room.

Arthur's eyes land upon a familiar face sitting on the bed opposite Antonio's. Lovino, and he looked furious.
"Toni! Why the hell would you let this fucker in-"

Antonio cuts him off, raising a hand, motioning him to get out of the room for a moment. "Lovino, I need to talk to Arthur. Can you step out-"

"No I won't!" Lovino yells angrily, crossing his arms across his chest, "Why are you still trying, Toni?! Why do you still forgive him?!"

Arthur frowns at him, "Lovino, please. I told you I understand you-"

"Don't even try with me! You deserve to be hurt as much as he had-"

Lovino charges at Arthur but is held back by Antonio, "Lovino... Stop it."

"Your relationship was never working out in the first place. Because of you, Antonio was always depressed!" Lovino yells at him and Arthur's eyes go wide.

"And it's all because of you!"

"Lovino, just leave please!" Antonio commands, anger seeping in his tone. "I need to talk to Arthur..."

Lovino glares a bit more at Arthur before scoffing, sliding himself off Antonio. He then brushes past Arthur, hitting him on his shoulder and slamming the door behind him.

Arthur is then left with Antonio, heaviness and tension quickly filling up the room.

Antonio scratches the back of his neck, "Let's sit on the bed." Arthur nods and they walk over to the bed, sitting across each other.

Arthur looks down at his hands, fumbling with them. "...we were never going to work out, weren't we...?"

Antonio sighs depressingly, nodding his head. Arthur furrows his eyebrows, "...why...?"

Antonio looks over at Arthur as he proceeds, "Why did you do it? Why did you kiss Lovino?"

Antonio looks away as Arthur looks up at him, "I... I was lonely, Arthur... I've been feeling lonely and depressed for the past couple weeks. He's always been there to comfort me and one day I just..."

Arthur nods, looking back down again as Antonio proceeds, "I've been so upset with the situation of our relationship. I've also been so scared and paranoid about Alfred taking you away."

Arthur closes his eyes, "You didn't need to." He then hears a small chuckle.

"Arthur... You love him. How can I not be scared...?"

Gripping his own hands together, tears start to well up in his eyes, "I'm sorry, Antonio..." Arthur says shakily, "I'm so sorry for hurting you..."

"Arthur... It was inevitable. We were bound to break apart someday. We were just not... meant to be." Arthur starts to whimper, "I love you, Arthur. But... as much as it breaks me to say this... I'm just not meant to be with you."

Arthur starts to cry. He feels arms slide through and pull him into a warm hug.

"We started off with an impossible dream... That I can help you get over him and we can work things out." Arthur sobs, shaking under Antonio's arms, "But... Even if it was a sad, heartbreaking relationship..."

"...I'm still happy that I got to love you."

Arthur grips Antonio's shirt, just crying and sobbing loudly.

Antonio hugs Arthur tighter, "But in order to get this painful ride over... I'll just say it for us,"

"...we're over."