An Arthur and Alfred Chapter! (1)

OH MY GOSHH SCHOOL IS JUST ALL OVER ME RN. I don't have data so I can't update on my usual 9 or 10 am. So I very much apologize if I update late or not at all. Anyway, 1700+ reads! Wooooooooooohhh! Thank you people!
-NSO
_______________________________
Alfred's and Arthur's Side:

The past three weeks, Alfred has been trying to get Arthur back.

He's played chess with him, flirted and teased him, gave him a present, attempted to kiss him again, read all of his favorite books, helped in the library for most days, and even declared his love to everyone at school to really show that he means it but... whatever he would do, it never worked.

And in Arthur's case, it's not like it never works. In fact, it ALL works. It's just that... He doesn't want to continue falling deeper for Alfred.

Not when he has Antonio. And Arthur really wants to make them both work but because of all this Antonio's been feeling worse and worse.

So Arthur decides to have a talk with Alfred.

***

One weekend, Alfred is contacted by Arthur to meet up with him at a nearby Cafe.

Alfred excitedly dresses himself up, hoping this would be the day Arthur would finally declare his love to him once again.

Alfred rides his motorbike with a huge smile plastered on his face. Giggling and blushing to himself.

Once he had so happily parked up his vehicle, he enters the Cafe and searches for Arthur.

Arthur on the other hand had already arrived on the cafe and was just trying to calm himself down from the nervousness and the painful twist in his chest that he feels.

He takes a sip and looks around, trying to find a familiar caramel blonde haired teen. His eyes land on him, who so happened to be looking very nice today and Arthur swallows. This will be... A hard talk.

Alfred grins to himself once he's found Arthur.

"Hey, Arthur!" Alfred calls out happily, sitting right across Arthur.

Arthur looks up at him with small drops of sweat starting to form on his forehead and seriousness written in his face. "Alfred, we need to talk."

"Oh, that's very much alright with me." Alfred flirts, "I can talk to you all day."

Arthur is shocked. 'Unbelievable...!'

Arthur glares at Alfred. "Alfred, I'm being serious here. I need to talk to you about... Well, you!"

Alfred's eyes widen in confusion, "What do you mean?" Arthur sighs, clenching the mug on his hand.

"Alfred... Please stop these advances you're making." Alfred freezes, eyes locked on Arthur's.

Arthur hesitates for a bit but then proceeds, "You always try to do things your own way but you never bothered to ask if that's what I want."

Alfred's eyebrows furrow, "Arthur, I'm doing this because I love you and I know you still love me-"

"I know! I still do but..." Alfred frowns. Why is Arthur trying so hard to push him away...?

"I care deeply about Antonio and I really want to make us work." Alfred feels himself break like before.

"And If you really love me, Alfred... Then you have to support me with what I want and what I decide." Alfred places his hands on his lap and clenches on his jeans.

"...and you need to learn when to let go." Arthur finally says, his voice shaking.

Alfred looks at Arthur. He doesn't know what to say or what to feel but... It automatically appears.

...Hurt.

Alfred grabs Arthur's hand, and Arthur looks away, "Arthur, please... Don't do this to me again... I love you too much and I..." Alfred croaks, tears welling up in his eyes.

Arthur can feel himself shake as well but he fights it back, "Alfred, you need to do this and I as well. I don't want Antonio to get hurt any more than he's already facing. Your advances had made him feel depressed and look at the situation of our relationship! It's breaking apart because of you." Alfred stares into Arthur's eyes, who freezes in his spot. "No, it's because you don't love him the way you love me, Arthur."

"Just stop it, Alfred!" Arthur yells, angrily and desperately.

He doesn't... He doesn't need to hear this from him.

Alfred closes his eyes and opens them again. Silence filling up between them.

After what felt like hours of silence, Alfred lets go of Arthur's hand. "...okay."

Arthur blinks, "W-what...?"

Alfred shrinks in his seat, "If... If that's what you want then I'll..."

"...I'll do it. I'll let you go, I'll leave you two alone and..." Alfred swallows the lump in his throat and Arthur can feel himself tear up.

"...I'll learn how to love someone else in due time." Alfred finally says, his body trembling and Arthur closes his eyes, wiping away his tears.

"T-that's good..." Arthur tries to say happily but instead it turns into a croak. "You're... You're definitely doing the right *sniff* thing...!"

Alfred nods, shaking, "I know...! I'm... I'll let you go now...!"

Arthur chuckles sadly, "O-Okay...! I'll..." Arthur sniffs again, his tears falling down his face, "I'll see you at school...!"

Alfred sniffs, chuckling sadly at himself as he gets up and walks out the cafe.

Once Alfred had left the cafe, he sits on his motorbike and hiccups, his tears falling.

God... That was so painful.

***

Once Arthur had watched Alfred go, he grips the coffee table and leans on it, crying and hiccuping.

This time... Now this time he's really lost Alfred.

***

The next weeks pass by.

And for those whole weeks Alfred's never done anything to get Arthur.