Chapter 18: A Jap, And A Car Ride To Realization

Alfred's Side:

Alfred twists his ankle during practice. He just couldn't concentrate at all as his mind kept constantly heading to Arthur.

He groans in pain as he falls on the grass field, feeling his ankle swell.

The boys quickly help him up and bring him to the clinic in which he was lucky enough to have arrived when the in charge was just about to leave.

Mattie helps him remove his football gear and lay him on the bed as the in charge heads out for a bit. Mattie heads back to practice and Elizabeta barges in, having apparently heard of the news and quickly ran to the clinic, checking up on Alfred to see how he's doing.

He gives her a small smile but she only frowns at him. "Alfred, what's going on? Are you fine? And as I've heard, Arthur hasn't attended school for three days. Did something happen between you two?"

Alfred furrows his eyebrows, "I... I kissed him..." He tells her, his chest twisting.

Elizabeta's eyes open wide and suddenly, she's leaning ridiculously close to Alfred. "YOU WHAT?!?"

Alfred nods sadly. "Yeah... And because of that I... I messed our frienship up again..."

"B-But... Don't you love each other...? Isn't that why you kissed him?" Alfred closes his eyes.

"I didn't know what I felt for Arthur and I'm still confused... man I messed it up." Alfred confesses, the heaviness in his chest only increasing further.

He sees Elizabeta's face contort to a concerned one and he lets her pull him in for a hug.

"Um... Alfred-san?" A voice speaks our from behind the clinic door and Elizabeta pulls away, heading for the door to open it.

Kiku's expression turns to a relieved one as he approaches Alfred. Elizabeta excuses herself and leaves the both of them alone.

Kiku walks over to Alfred, placing a hand on his. "Are you alright, Alfred-san?" Alfred gives him a reassuring smile but even he knows that it won't convince anyone. "I'm fine, Kiku. I was just a bit... distracted is all."

Kiku tightens his hold on Alfred's hand. "Alfred-san..."

"I love you." Alfred's eyes open wide as he stares at Kiku's grey ones. "I still do."

"The truth is, I have never been able to get over you. Maybe we did not have the best relationship back in middle school but right now I want to try again with you." Alfred doesn't know what to say, this was so sudden.

"Kiku..." Alfred trails off but Kiku continues. "I want to try again. Now that we are both older, I know we will both be able to handle ourselves and each other better. I know that you had grown well from back then and so I want to start off again with you. So please..." Kiku leans towards Alfred, his eyes boring onto his.

"Go out with me."

Alfred is frozen. He can't move and he doesn't know what to say.

Kiku's been in. Love with him still? But... They only dated a while back because Alfred was just curious how Arthur could find interest with a guy... Still, he did try his best back then but to him Kiku was just a friend.

Now that he thinks about it... If he compares his feelings for Kiku to Arthur, it's very clear that there's just a difference. Kiku makes him laugh and is a great person to hang out with but... He doesn't give this giddy feeling Alfred feels whenever he's around Arthur and the sparks of electricity whenever they touch. Arthur is just too... Different.

Alfred sighs. He doesn't want to hurt Kiku of course because he's been his close friend ever since the start of middle school. He's helped him get through alot of things after all but...