An Arthur Chapter! (2)

Arthur's Side:

"...Arthur..." Antonio suddenly says, hugging Arthur tighter in his arms.

Arthur is currently at Antonio's dorm. Luckily, his roommate isn't around at the time so Arthur and Antonio could cuddle as they pleased. But for some reason, the atmosphere was just too depressing.

Arthur places a hand on Antonio's arm and squeezes it to reassure him. "Antonio, we'll be okay. Alfred is just being an idiot..." Arthur reassures but Antonio only sighs exasperatedly.

"Arthur... We're just not working out well..." Arthur frowns, "Don't say that. Once Alfred gives up and we finally get our heads together, we'll be perfectly fine."

"I just can't... See it going that way, Arthur." Antonio mutters shakily and Arthur furrows his eyebrows.

He and Antonio have been trying really hard for their relationship to work but everytime it involves Alfred, they would have issues.

What's even worse is that Arthur still loves the guy.

But... He doesn't want to give up.

Arthur turns to Antonio and gives him a warm smile. "Antonio, we can get through this. I know we can. We just have to hold out a little longer-"

"I know you still love him." Antonio says and Arthur freezes. "Antonio... That's not the point here-"

"Of course it is, Arthur! I can't sleep, I can't eat, and I can't do anything right when I know you still love him!" Antonio yells, letting Arthur go and standing up. "I've been feeling so depressed these past days because I can't help the defeated feeling that Alfred's won ever since the beginning! That I'm not the one who's in your heart!" Antonio sits beside Arthur again, shaking. "I know we dated so I could also help you get over him but... Dios mio the pain is too much...!"

Arthur pulls him into his arms and caresses his hair, "Antonio... I'm sorry... It's hard to do this but I really want to continue as well. I really want to get over him as well but it just can't... Disappear like that."

Antonio sniffs, "I know..." Arthur cups his cheeks and places a kiss on the other's forehead. "But I promise if we hold on, we could get over these obstacles."

Antonio looks up at him, a tear falling down his face. Arthur gives him a warm smile and kisses his tear. This makes Antonio giggle, placing his lips on Arthur's.

Antonio's Side:

Antonio knows that it won't last.

He knows that Alfred will always have the upper hand.

'I mean for goodness sake, Arthur never gives me the same look that he gives to Alfred...!' Antonio thinks.

...they just won't last. And he can see it coming close.