An Antonio Chapter! (2)

Antonio's Side:

Antonio runs out of his dorm room. He turns to the stairs and heads down to the first floor where the Dormitory Fountain is located just outside.

He steps out and sits on one of the cemented seats and slouches.

He knows Arthur doesn't like him. He also knows that Arthur likes someone else and that it's Alfred. Of course he knows now and yet Lovino... Lovino's being an ass by telling it straight to his face that he doesn't have a chance... That Arthur doesn't deserve someone like him...

He knows Arthur is kind and beautiful. He doesn't just mean physically but inside as well. He knows that once Arthur falls for him he'll treat him right. Lovino is the selfish one for not seeing that...

Antonio sighs and looks up to the open sky.

The stars were shining beautifully. He sees the Taurus constellation and laughs at the irony (Arthur's Bday is May 17, which means he's a taurus)

"...Toni...?" He slowly looks at the source of the voice and sees Lovino. Antonio's smile curves down and he looks away. "Hey..."

"I... I know I said all those mean things but I never wanted to hurt you..." Antonio hears Lovino walk over to his seat and sits down just a ruler away from him. Antonio stays silent.

"...but I mean everything I said. You... You're always suffering when you're with him because he just doesn't... like you." Antonio looks over at Lovino, who's expression looks kind of unclear due to the dark but Antonio can see an outline of it. He looks sad.

"And what I said earlier about Arthur not deserving you... It's true. Arthur doesn't need someone like you who would always care enough to help him in that library. He doesn't deserve someone who's always talking about him day and night. He doesn't deserve someone who's always on the other's mind, always wondering what he's doing at night or in the weekends. An idiot like him who doesn't like you back doesn't deserve a compassionate, cheerful and annoyingly optimistic person like you." He then looks over at Antonio, his red brown eyes sparkling in the night and Antonio is taken by them.

"You deserve someone better." Lovino mutters and Antonio leans closer. His eyes are still stuck on Lovino's as he inches closer.

Antonio smiles at him. "Thank you, Lovino. I may not completely agree with you but maybe I'll follow it someday." He backs away from Lovino and stands up. "You're a great friend, Lovino. Thank you for thinking about me."

"Come on, let's go back to our room." Antonio says, reaching a hand out to Lovino and Lovino looks at it for a second before taking it.

"ZZT!"

"Ah! W-what...??" Lovino and Antonio suddenly back away from the sudden electrical feeling. Antonio's heart starts to race. "H-heh... Uhm... L-Let's just... go back..."

Lovino nods, not saying anything and they both head upstairs back into their room.