Chapter 11: Blue Eyes Against Green Orbs

Arthur and Alfred are friends again! Yay! Now let's see how this all plays out...
-NSO
_______________________________

Arthur's Side:

"Alfred, c'mon let go, you baby." Arthur halfheartedly commands but Alfred merely pouts.

"No. I'm perfectly fine staying here with you." Alfred answers, hugging Arthur tighter. Arthur blushes and he couldn't help the smile that crawls on his face.

Arthur sighs, faking his frustration as he tries to push Alfred away who has been hugging Arthur from behind, never letting go for the past 10 minutes. "Alfred, you still have practice. You know your coach would kick your ass if you don't attend." Arthur then turns around to look at Alfred, chuckling as he sees the teen pout even more.

"But I don't care about that right now!" He then pulls Arthur back into his arms. "Especially not when I've just gotten back my best friend."

Arthur smiles at that. Even though Alfred may not accept his feelings... Just being back by his side was already enough for him.

But as much as Arthur wanted to stay in his arms forever, he knew that Alfred would be in deep trouble if he didn't attend practice again. So he pushes Alfred off, in which Alfred loosens, and gives him a serious look.

"Alfred, go to practice now or I'll hate you again-"

"OH WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT I HAVE TO GO TO PRACTICE COACH WILL KILL ME BYE ARTHUR!" And then he's off. Arthur chuckles. Alfred's still the same person he was those years ago.

Alfred stops from running and turns around to face Arthur. "Wait for me, okay?" Alfred yells and Arthur rolls his eyes, laughing. "Whatever, just go!"

Alfred grins at him from afar and runs to the dark hallway.

Once Alfred's figure had disappeared out of sight, Arthur happily starts heading back to the library to lock it up. Luckily, the girl had left the front of the library and Arthur was able to lock it with ease.

He starts heading to the field and sits at one of the dark corners of the bleachers, blushing as he holds himself with his arms to warm him up.

Alfred's Side:

Even as Alfred had reached the football field, the smile in his face still wouldn't go away.

Not like he wanted it to anyway.

Matthias sees Alfred coming up and widens his eyes at him. "Woah, looks like someone's happy to be at practice today." The guys look over at him.

Mattie smiles at him. "Well, you might want to put that smile down Alfred, because you've been late for 20 minutes and Coach isn't happy about that..." Alfred's smile quickly goes to a straight line once he sees his coach approaching him.

"Jones." Their coach hisses at Alfred and Alfred feels his shoes sink in to the floor. "Getting a fucking fever and arriving late for practice? Sounds like you've started growing some unwanted balls." Then he grins menacingly. "Or worse, a puss."

The guys snicker except for Ludwig, who steps up and places a hand on their coach's shoulder. "Coach, I'm sure Alfred has a good reason for coming late to practice today, and please do not lowly think of him just because he had gotten a fever two days ago."

Their coach gives an angry 'tch' and flicks Ludwig's hand away. "Alfred, give me 200 push ups and 20 laps now!"

And so Alfred goes.

***
Once Alfred had finished, he was heaving and his whole body was sweating buckets.

Still, it would make sense for a punishment for arriving late. But he doesn't regret it one bit.